More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Chip_Arranger Chip_Arranger

Whose role do you take on?

Cody Stevens - A university student and band geek

Foreword: This is mainly going to be about a university student building a harem. The first thing I read on this site was the David Walker branch and I took massive inspiration from it, so I wanted to create my own spin on that idea.

Your brain is being taxed right now. Your ears are listening to the drum beat given to you by the percussionists in the back of the field, and your feet are moving in time with the beat. As you hit the last few notes of this year's field show, you stop at your final spot, bring your feet to shoulder width, and raise your trombone towards the press box. The final note tapers off, and you bring your horn down. The drum major salutes and all of you stand at ease, high-fiving each other.

The band director (Mrs. Adams), who is standing in the press box, starts critiquing your run through the show. No one is paying any heed to her, though. All of you are just talking amongst yourselves. The director is a young woman, probably in her late 20's, and it's anyone's guess how she managed to get a job directing a university marching band.

"Alright, everyone, take a ten-minute break and get out of the sun", Mrs. Adams said through her megaphone. "You'll need all the energy you can muster for the game tonight".

It was the first football game of the season, and it was a sweltering hot August day. Living in Georgia made you accustomed to the heat, but this was still unbearable. You silently thanked your director for giving you a break, because you needed to take a long swig of water and sit underneath the stands for a few minutes.

As you were trudging down the pathway into the main concourse, your friend Amy Pearson ran up beside you to talk. She had long, flowing red hair, emerald green eyes, and a smile that could make the sun feel self-conscious.

"Ugh, thank the lord that Adams gave us a break. I need to reapply my sunscreen", she said, following it up with an exasperated sigh.

"What? You? Apply sunscreen? Never", you quipped. Amy seemed to get burnt even when it was nighttime.

"Shut up, you dork", she said, lightly smacking you in the back of the head with her clarinet.

"You have fun doing that, I gotta use the bathroom", you said.

She smiled at you as she walked to the right where she kept her bag, while you walked to the left towards the bathrooms.

Your phone started buzzing as soon as you entered the room. You assumed that it was Amy texting you, since no one else really texted you that often. Most of your other friends from high school were distant, and you hadn't spent the time in the last year making any friends, instead just focusing on your schoolwork.

When you checked, no, it wasn't Amy texting you. You looked at your lock screen, a picture of you and Amy when you went to your senior prom two years ago as friends. There was a notification staring back at you, one that was from an app you don't remember downloading. It was called the "Affection Multiplier". The notification didn't say anything else.

Editor’s Note: Been a while since I had to write one of these. Everybody give a warm welcome to Chip_Arranger, our newest writer. Nothing sexy going on yet here, except from my editorial perspective, which is to say that I didn’t see a single grammatical or spelling error (sorry… editor’s joke). Everything looks good so far, so let’s follow Cody to see where he goes.

Do you open the app?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)