More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Tiny Coco Tiny Coco

Who took the Virus?

Coco, the teenage intern

Natascha, or Coco as all of her friends and family called her, just recently started at P4 Labs as an intern, special thanks to her father who is employed as a leading scientists in the special research division. It is due to this connection that Coco both got the job and realized how dangerous this organisation was to the entire planet's population if they decided to threaten the world with the release of one or multiple of their bio-engineered viruses.

Despite being a recent high-school graduate her knowledge of the human DNA and bio-engineered outdid most of the co-workers employed by P4 Labs due to her father's tutoring from an early age. But unlike her father, Coco also was a true Christian who believed that those who do good, will be rewarded, if not in this life than in the afterlife. Most people underestimated her, since she stood only 4'9 and was petite in her overall figure. Still she could not be mistaken for anything other than she was, a young, smart and beautiful woman. Her brown her was flowing down to her waist unless she wore it in a ponytail during lab visits, her brown eyes resembled those of a deer and could easily be as enticing. Whenever she wasn't working she wore a barely noticeable nose ring and a belly button piercing - both strictly prohibited at P4 Labs. On her arms she had tattooed her parents dates of birth in roman numbers.

Today however, she did not care to remove her jewelry but carefully hid it away, since she wasn't planning on staying longer than needed nor did she plan on returning, since it was the last day of her internship. Since she came in early, even before her father, the laboratory was quiet and even though she passed a couple of security workers, once she was in the lab, she was alone.

Quickly she scuffled through her father's work to see where the latest virus was stored and to make sure that she took the anti-virus as well. As she finally found the right notes, she cursed under her breath "Damn it". Usually both the virus and the anti-virus are stored in the same unit, this time however, the anti-virus was stored at an external facility, making it a lot harder to secure it. For a moment she hesitated, knowing that she only had a small window to get out of the facility with the virus. Coco took a deep breath and made her way to the elevator at the end of the lab and rode it down to the local storage site.

She strode through the rows of cryogenic tubes and lockers, knowing that the one vile she searched for was in the last row, first tube to the right. Her fingers flew over the screen to enter the pass code she overheard when she sneaked down here the first time. Her heart stopped for a moment as the light on the display vanished and turned green. The door hissed as it unlocked, her body moved fast, as if in trance as she replaced the small tube containing the liquid virus with a tube she brought, the contents looking almost identical - at least close enough to not have anyone realize it is a replacement until tested. She quickly locked the door and hid the small tube in her bra, immediately sending a shiver down her spine as the cold glass touched her skin.

Inside the elevator, she closed her eyes for a second and took a deep breath, before the doors slid open and she was standing in the laboratory again. _'Only a few more steps' _she thought to herself and nearly ran into her father as she was about to leave the lab.

Her father quickly caught her by her shoulders and flashed her a smile. "Easy, young lady, this is not the soccer pitch, this is a lab after all, you should know that by now".

Coco smiled softly, trying not to raise suspicion with her father already. "Sorry, Dad. I just realized I forgot something at home and quickly wanted to get it, so I can still get some work done on my last day"

Her father smiled and gently kissed her forehead. "Go on then, but hurry. We may have planned a surprise for you", he said as Coco was already on her way towards the security gate, only hearing her father yell in the distance, "And don't you run over anyone on your way, young lady."

Can she escape with the Virus?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)