More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Zozzon Zozzon

Who do you want to follow?

Chris - A Prospective Daddy

Chris Chaplin, age 32, sat in the waiting room, anxiously waiting for him to be called. The room looked like one you would find at a doctor’s or dentist’s office, complete with magazines, stock photos in picture frames and an off-white colored wall. But this wasn’t a medical facility of any kind. It was an adoption center.

For most of his adult life, Chis had thought of wanting to have a child of his own. Unfortunately, he found out that he was completely sterile and couldn’t produce any sperm. This lead to the break up with his high school girlfriend and his now single life of 12 years. On the plus side, this lead him to work on himself, his life and his career. Now, while not jacked, he did have a slim, fit body, he kept his life free of and only drank on occasions, and he was financially secure. However, he sill wanted the satisfaction of raising a child, to pass along his knowledge and to have a sense pride in something. That’s when he opted to adopt!

Yeah, if only it were that easy. Despite being financially stable, good with kids, and having no criminal record or a muddy background check, every adoption agency would either turn him away or move him down the list as a priority foster candidate, wanting people who were in a relationship or had a motherly instinct. At this point, Chris started to lose any hope of adopting. That is until he heard about another adoption agency, one that was legal but didn’t show up on official websites. It was located in an old mining town nestled in the mountains and was said to be a great place to raise a family.

With no options left, Chris set out to see this town himself and what kind of foster care it had. This is when he found out he stepped into what he thought was a weird episode of The Twilight Zone. While the town looked normal and the residents were friendly, about three quarters of the population either wore diapers and/or acted like toddlers. It didn’t matter the age, gender or race. People would go about their day not noticing if a person next to them was wearing just a diaper and a shirt or if they were dressed in shortalls and were soiling themselves.

If this was any other time, Chris would have chased the first bus back to normal civilization and just forgotten about this place. But he was on a mission. After getting his bearing, he learned that there wasn’t just one adoption agency in town, but several. One of them though, called the _Marie Smith-Flores Foster Home for Little Ones, _seemed to be the most popular one. So he gave it a shot.

The facility looked well maintained and the staff were helpful and friendly when Chris arrived. He was told however that, due to state legislations, all orphan minors had to go to state approved adoption facilities, which this wasn’t. But, if he wished to adopt a Little, that is a legal adult who acted like a baby, then he could. At first, Chris seemed against the idea, but then came up with a thought: if he could adopt an adult baby and take care of them, maybe it would help his chances of adopting an actual child!

Feeling confident, Chris agreed to go through the adoption process. One caveat was that he had to stay in the town during the process and, if accepted, move into a permanent residents.

The process took a while to get through; filling out paperwork, interviewing with agents, a thorough background check, and a very strange questionnaire that almost made Chris feel uncomfortable to answer.

Example:

What is your preferred method of disciplining your baby?

A. Time out

B. Spanking

C. Edging

D. Public Humiliation

In ten to twenty words, how would you handle taking care of your baby’s sexual needs?

The whole thing lasted for well over a month. During which Chris had gotten used to the oddities of the town and started to fit right in. Soon came the interviews with the potential foster candidates. As he met with each possible candidate, he saw them less like adults wearing baby clothing and sucking on pacifiers and more like actual children, wanting to be taken care of and to bring some joy in a foster parent’s life. It was defiantly going to be a hard decision on who he wanted to adopt. He wasn’t just limited to one, but he wanted to test the waters with only one at the moment.

Soon, after a month and a half, Chis had come to his decision. He was sitting in the foster home’s waiting room, waiting for his new adopted adult baby to walk in.

“Mr. Chaplin?” A female staff member called into the room as she opened the door. Taking a deep breath into his new life, Chris stood up and greeted the staff member. With a smile, she turned and gestured to the individual behind her, “Congratulation! You are now the father of…”

Who is Chris adopting?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)