More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by serpent3000 serpent3000

The morning comes…

Chapter Two

I woke up slowly, and felt incredibly groggy, like I’d been asleep for a long time.

“My lord!” Amalie’s voice came, and her soft hands cupped my cheeks.

“How long was I out?” I groaned.

“Two days. I was getting very worried about you.” Amalie said softly. I looked at the blond in surprise.

“Two days?” I asked in amazement.

“Indeed. I did my best to monitor your condition while you rested, and you did seem to be improving. I suspect that your body needed the extra rest in order to accustom to this new world.” Amalie theorized.

“Wow. So… you said you’d answer some questions.” I said directly. Amalie, who was so pretty I could hardly keep my eyes off her, shook her head, blond hair bouncing.

“I will, my lord, yes, but over breakfast. Come with me.” Amalie said, holding out her hand. I took it, lacing my fingers with hers and rose shakily to my feet. I hadn’t walked anywhere since I’d appeared in this weird world two days ago, and my legs protested at the now unfamiliar motion.

Amalie led me down the hall into a small kitchen area, where a slender brunette woman in her mid-twenties stood by the wall, a sword over her back.

“Whoa!” I exclaimed in surprise, and almost instinctively stepped in front of Amalie.

“Sorry to startle you, my lord.” the brunette bowed deeply, “I am Angelica, your sworn Vengar.”

“What?” I asked in surprise. Amalie came out from behind me and touched my arm.

“Yesterday, a group of six appeared on my doorstep. They told me they were a part of the Dawn Order, and they had sensed your arrival in this world.” Amalie told me gently, “Two of the six were Vengars. Angelica swore herself to you instantly, and the other one was sworn to Matthias, the man who led the group.”

“Our delegation has taken up residence at the local inn. They will be delighted to hear you have awakened, my lord.” Angelica explained.

“Please refrain from telling them just yet.” Amalie said, politely but not infirmly.

Angelica looked to me, and I realized she wanted instructions. Wow. She really was going to obey me, wasn’t she?

“Do what Amalie says. Keep me being awake on the DL.” I nodded.

“The DL?” Angelica frowned in confusion.

“The down low? Like, keep me being awake quiet.” I said. Angelica and Amalie looked at each other in obvious bafflement.

“I will do as you command, Lord Will.” Angelica bowed.

“You told her my name?” I asked Amalie in surprise, and she handed me a plate of eggs.

“I did. Matthias was very inquisitive, he asked for a great many details about you.” Amalie said.

“So, the Dawn Order, are they good?” I asked.

“Of course we are. We have sworn ourselves to protecting the world from the darkness, in anticipation of your arrival, my lord. We slay monsters and beasts, dole out justice to criminals and prevent crimes.” Angelica said proudly.

“So… does the whole Order exist to serve me?” I asked, not liking that at all.

“Yes and no. We intend to follow you, but the Order itself does not serve you. Only I am bound to follow your orders. The others will do as they please. It is expected that your goals and ours align, which is why we have been looking for you so desperately.” Angelica explained.

That was actually a relief, to know that I wouldn’t have to give orders to people who knew way more about what was going on than I did.

“So, what is the plan for Will, now?” Amalie asked, touching my arm, her eyes on Angelica.

“We plan on taking him north, up to Daena.” Angelica said.

“Daena?” I asked curiously.

“I forgot you are a stranger to this world, my lord.” Angelica said to me, “Daena is a large city, and the nearest city to have a Stronghold of the Dawn.”

“So, what kind of things do you guys expect me to do? I’m not some prophetic hero. I’m just a guy. I can’t swing a sword much less battle for the fate of the world.” I said glumly.

“That is part of why you travel for Daena. We plan on training you on the way there and while we are there. Once you are strong enough to manage yourself, we will bring you into the campaign.” Angelica explained.

“Campaign?” I asked, curious.

“Yes. Illian, the kingdom closest to Avona, is interested in war. They’ve brought soldiers to the banks of the Dahkan, and they’re rumored to be marching north, up into central Avona.” Angelica nodded.

“Are they going for Ciren?” Amalie gasped.

“Ciren is the capital city of Avona, my lord. It is where the Avonan queen and her royal family reside.” Angelica nodded at me quickly, then looked to Amalie, “Yes, the Order believes the Illians intend to take the capital. We have a month until they reach Ciren, and the Order is scrambling to provide the queen with as much might as we can muster.”

“My sister Arielle is on her way to the Dahkan. She’s a Vengar.” Amalie told Angelica worriedly, “I don’t think she knows she’s going to stop a whole army.”

“All unaffiliated Vengars have been summoned to the banks of the Dahkan. It is the Illians who do not know they are about to face an army, I assure you.” Angelica consoled Amalie.

I finished up my breakfast of eggs and glanced at Amalie. She wore a cream colored robe that strained a bit over her sizable chest, and she blushed when she noticed me looking, and I flushed in embarrassment and looked away.

Amalie didn’t seem upset, though, rather she came forwards and slipped her fingers through mine.

I looked at our entwined hands, and then at Amalie, who gave me a shy smile.

“Are you coming with me to Daena?” I asked hopefully.

“I’m afraid not. I am Healer here in Vina, and I cannot leave the village. I am the only shaper in Vina, they could suffer without me.” Amalie apologized.

“Oh.” I said glumly.

“I really am sorry.” Amalie said softly, and I glanced at Angelica, who was dutifully not looking at me or Amalie.

“You’re the first person I ever met here in this world, losing you would feel… strange.” I confessed, “Like I really am all alone in this world.”

“I feel the same strength of bond with you, my lord, but my village depends on me. I truly cannot leave. If ever your travels bring you back to Vina, you will always have solace beneath my roof.” Amalie murmured, and the gorgeous blond drew closer to me, her gold-ringed green eyes hesitant, but I made the choice for her. I leaned forwards and captured her lips with mine.

She sighed with pleasure into the kiss, and I pulled her close with the hand of mine that wasn’t laced with hers.

“Are you sure you can’t come with me?” I whispered against her mouth, and she gave me a sweet kiss.

“I am sure. I wish so desperately that I could, but I cannot leave Vina.” Amalie said miserably.

“I’ll come back for you, one day.” I promised.

“I know. After all, the Sun Temple is where you crossed into this world. If you ever figure out a way to go home, your road would almost assuredly take you back here.” Amalie smiled. I smiled back at her, thankful for that piece of information.

“Are we coming back here after meeting the Order?” I asked Angelica.

“No. I expect Captain Matthias will want to leave immediately, we have a month at best before Illian attacks Ciren.” Angelica admitted.

“I’ll come with you to the inn. Let me get dressed.” Amalie said to me, and I couldn’t resist giving her a quick kiss before she went, which left a giant smile on her face.

“My lord, do you wish to get dressed as well?” Angelica asked me.

“Uh, definitely.” I said. I still wore just my boxers after all.

———

Angelica led Amalie and I through Vina, towards the inn where the Dawn Order was temporarily residing.

I now wore a green tunic and brown pants, along with some sturdy brown boots. Amalie had her hand in mine, and she wore a beautiful robe, not like a bathrobe like she’d been wearing in the house, more like a priestess robe, I guess. It was white with golden accents, and it fit her lush body nicely.

Angelica opened the door to the inn and allowed me to enter first, out of respect and servitude, I’d guess, and then she followed behind me and Amalie.

“Angelica!” a voice cried at once, and I looked to see a kindly man with shoulder length dark hair and a full, bushy dark beard, both of which were streaked with the occasional silvery hair. He looked to be in his mid or late thirties, I’d guess, and a silver band was settled around his forehead, just beneath the hairline. A symbol of a sun was set on the front of the silver band.

The man wore a black cape draped over some dark blue armored tunic or something. He wore black pants and black boots. His gloves were silver, though.

“I am Captain Matthias of the Dawn Order.” he told me kindly, “Am I to presume you are Will Thompson, King of the Dawn? Your lovely healer wouldn’t let me or anyone into your room while you slept.”

I gave Amalie a surprised look, and she gave me a small smile in return.

“I mean, I am Will Thompson. I don’t know about all of this Dawn King stuff, I landed in this world like three days ago and I’ve been asleep for 95% of that time.” I said.

“I understand it must be overwhelming. I hope your time with our Order teaches you much about this world, and that we can help you on your road to greatness. I presume you have met Angelica, your sworn Vengar?”

“Yeah, I was pretty shocked to hear that she had sworn herself to me.” I said, and Matthias and I both looked at Angelica.

She had a braid of brown hair going down her spine, strikingly beautiful blue eyes, and a fit and lithe figure. She was rather tall, too, about my height.

“Angelica has always been dutiful. Nobody her to take the oath, she made it freely. I expect she will not be the last to swear fealty to you, Will.” Matthias said. I was surprised to hear him use my actual name, something Amalie and Angelica both refused to do. Perhaps he sensed my dislike of the honoraries.

“So, Angelica told me we were going to a city called Dana?” I asked.

“Daena.” Matthias corrected, pronouncing it like ‘day-enna’, “But first, you should meet the delegation. Healer Varielle, you are no longer needed. You may return to your abode.”

Amalie, whose full name was Amalie Varielle, it seemed, gave Matthias a curt nod. She leaned up and gave me a soft goodbye kiss, which made Matthias’ eyebrows rise sharply.

“Bye, Amalie.” I whispered.

“Bye, Will.” she said tenderly, and then left, leaving me alone with Angelica and Matthias.

“I see you enchanted your lovely healer.” Matthias chuckled, and clapped me on the back, “She did have a sensuous body, I agree. My wife nearly flayed me when she caught me staring at the healer.”

Matthias led Angelica and I to the upstairs level of the inn, and knocked, in quick succession, on doors 5, 6, and 7.

Door 5 opened to reveal a gorgeous woman in her late twenties, early thirties, with heavy breasts in a corseted golden breastplate that showed off a hint of cleavage. Her hair was fiery red, and her eyes a gentle brown. She wore skintight black pants which showed off her thick thighs and generous ass.

“Will, this is my wife, Rosalie.” Matthias introduced me.

“My king.” Rosalie bowed deeply to me, and my eyebrows raised.

“He prefers the usage of non-honorary titles.” Matthias told his wife.

“So? He is king, and he should be revered as such.” Rosalie said firmly, and Matthias looked momentarily frustrated before giving a nod.

Door 6 opened to reveal a black-haired young man in dark gray armor with the hilt of an axe protruding over his shoulder.

“This is Tomas, my sworn Vengar.” Matthias gestured to the axe-wielding young man.

“He’s a Vengar? I thought Vengar had to be women.” I said in surprise.

“Why would you think that?” Rosalie asked in surprise.

“He’s only been in our world three days, love.” Matthias told his wife, “He has met only two Vengars, and both were female.”

“I see.” Rosalie nodded, “My king, if you would not be offended, I am willing to teach you about this world during our trip to Daena.”

“No, that’s not offending at all. I’d love some explanation of what’s happening in this world.” I said, and Rosalie looked relieved she hadn’t angered me by suggesting I needed teaching.

Door 7 opened, and out walked a young man and a young woman, both of whom were blond and clad in a white cape and golden armor.

“These are Cassius and Cassiana, twin siblings and Knights of the Dawn.” Matthias introduced them.

Both twins were tall, with Cassius slightly taller than Cassiana. They both had green eyes, though Cassius’ were significantly paler than Cassiana’s. Cassiana’s figure was almost indecipherable beneath her armor, but she did have rather wide hips. The size of her breasts or ass were mysteries to me, though.

“You can call me Cassie, my liege.” Cassiana said to me, with a pointed glare at Matthias.

Oh God, another fancy title?

“You are all packed, yes?” Matthias confirmed with Rosalie, Tomas, Cassius, and Cassie. They all four nodded.

“Excellent. In that case, we should leave for Daena immediately.” Matthias said, and I let out a breath.

I couldn’t help like feeling that Daena was going to be where my life got really crazy. Right now, I may be in a different world, but at least it was pretty peaceful here in Vina.

Daena… I was unsure about.

The road to Daena…

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)