More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Cynrede Cynrede

Next Chapter

Ch 2: Exploring the New World

Samrah has gotten far enough, he seems to have ended up in a forest, he was careful searching for other things that might be chasing him but fortunately he seems to be able to get rest. He sat down beside a tree and leaned on it to catch his breath. He looked at his hands and wondered what was wrong with him... he then began to focus on something inside him, feeling for a sensation, anything that he could... there! His eyes jolt open and he released the power in his palm but only a glow and some light appeared... His magic isn't completely gone which relieved him, but maybe it will come back.

He looked around at the pine trees, they all look so lush and strong, they sway gently with the breeze and every now and then the sun's beautiful rays would escape down in between the leaves and he could bask in the healthy sunlight... what happened? Just a few minutes ago he was fighting the Withered Tree, and he was freezing the Roots of Corruption with his... friends. The realization dawned on him, he saw them die, one by one. He finally feels the gravity of his loss as he held on to his staff, embracing it closely to his body as he sheds some tears for them. And what of his lover? Cynthia? He doesn't know what happened to her...

Just as he was mourning over his dead friends and family, he heard something along the trees. His head dart up and around looking for the origin of the high pitched... chirping. Chirping? He heard it again... he then saw something fly from one branch to another, joining another, bird. He felt something wash over his skin as he heard the birds begin to sing together. He clenched his jaw as he also saw a doe in the distance, running around with a young. Animals... there are animals again... he snickered to himself, realizing that life has bloomed again. He whistled and imitated the bird's song, happily, the bird chirped back and began flying down to him. He propped a finger vertically and it landed on him. He gave way to tears once more as the bird sang for him a tune which was also imitated by the other birds around him, other's became curious of him and flew down near or on him as well. He simply chuckled and laughed at their display of affection as he swayed with their song, as if dancing with the bird on his finger. (Like some Disney Princess)

Soon he thanked the bird and offered it the sky once more before it took flight. He smiled at the trees again until he felt something sting on his foot. He looked down quickly and saw... ants... he also saw an anthill nearby. "Cursed be! I didn't know I was near your home! I'll be taking my leave..." He snarled at the ants before walking away. He chuckled at himself and laughed at such a trivial conversation with an ant... he continued to walk around the forest though making a mental note to keep going further away from the prison he was in. Though it didn't seem to be a very adequate prison, he thought.

After what must have been an hour of walking, appreciating the forest and its inhabitants, he stumbled across a road. It has a straight white line in the middle and he wondered if it was a guideline for travelers or caravans. And right in front of it seems to be some sort of an establishment. "Ahh, what a quaint establishment, rather humble..." He crosses the street and entered a fairly white looking building with more of those invisible walls that shows what's inside. He looks at the stands, there seems to be no vendors, there were hoses and a couple of names, perhaps they're just for liquid storage? He read there were 'Primary', 'Non-Leaded' and 'Diesel' among other writings on it. He looks up at the sign... "I have to meet this King of Fuh'el. Perhaps he can provide me of information!" He then proceeds to walk towards the establishment.

He presses a hand on one of the invisible walls, he didn't want to break it this time so he tried to figure out a way to enter it, he can see someone inside though they seem to be asleep with a red hat covering their face. He moves around the invisible wall and finally came to what seems to be a handle floating in mid air, it seems to be stuck to the invisible wall, as well as a sign that says 'Open'. He takes his hands off the wall and thrusts his palm towards it... "Open!" A small amount of his magic flows through and was able to slightly move the door. He smiled at his amazing effort as he pushes on the handle and indeed, it has opened for him. "Ha, it seems that I can figure out this place's magics as well."

He finally enters the establishment, after he opens the wall, a chime sounds from above him, a few brass hollow tubes making a beautiful sound as he enters. The person sleeping seems to have gone awake from the sound and he fixed himself. "Welcome sir! To Fuel King..." He looked rather, famished. Though when he looked at Samrah, he smiled and gave him a wave. "Duuuudee... you look sick man." The person says, Samrah was surprised that the person seems to know what was wrong with his magic... he ran in front of him and pressed his hands on the table in front of him and inquired. "Yes! I am indeed sick! Something is wrong with my magic and I cannot seem to be able to fully execute my spells!" Samrah was glad to find someone that could understand his situation.

"Man, you got that like, RP like down dude..." The person commented. Samrah was confused though... "R, P? Does it perhaps stand for Raw Power? Is it down? What can I do to restore it?" Samrah was even more intrigued now. "Dude, you're pretty cool. Here, I have something for you..." The man then walked around the long table and out to the stands. Samrah followed him and looked at what he was doing. He seems to have grabbed a bottle filled with yellowish gold liquid. It seems to bubble softly. "A potion! Yes! This will definitely work! But, what is this?" Samrah held the bottle, it was made of light material and it seems he's only holding up the liquid's weight alone.

"That my friend... is Cobra. A potion of gold that will revitalize your energy, probably giving you more." The man was definitely a knowledgeable alchemist. He uncorks the potion and downed the liquid, though stopping immediately as he feels it burn his throat. "Ah! It is burning my throat!!" He looked back at the man who only nodded and gestured for him to continue. He continued to drink it, the liquid beginning to burn through his nostrils as well as he continues to breathe in between gulps. He finished the bottle and exhaled loudly. "This concoction is impressive! I can already feel the power surging through me! As if it is replenishing the void in my veins!" He then began channeling his power again and simply thrust his hand towards an empty space and... nothing. "Yeah, that was probably because it was slightly cold. But the effects aren't immediate. Give it an hour or two..." He explained.

"Of course! I am a fool for not remembering such common knowledge. By the way, what is this potion made of? It does also leave a delightful taste." He said as the man takes the bottle from him and reads something... "Yeah it has Carbonated Water, Sugar, Acidity Regulators like Citric Acid and Sodium Citrate, Artificial Flavor, Taurine and a bunch of other stuff." The man said...

"It is truly a wonder. You are very knowledgeable, I would not even pretend to know what those ingredients are. But alas, I need to meet the King of Fuh'el! I have read a sign that says he is here..." The man peered his eyes outside and saw the sign saying 'Fuel King'... "Uhh... we might not have a King but, she's practically the Queen of this place." He said as he motions to the invisible wall, there was a woman in the same red uniform as he is, entering the invisible wall effortlessly while carrying what seems to be a sack of items.

"Umm, hello..." The woman greets...

Next Chapter

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)