More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Stuvason Stuvason

Which market?

Central

"Alright Josh. Lets go to the central market. It is the closest to us" Jack promptly responded while bringing his pants back up dragging Alicia with him in the truck. Shortly after she was joined by David in the back of the truck sandwiching her between himself and Jack. The last two sat in the front.

The truck slowly started and the scenery passed by. After a few hours Alicia could see the buildings of what one would call the slums. Each building looked like a small shack made out of rusted scrape metal. Some of these "huts" were made out of wood. The people there with the exception of their skinny arms and legs did not look malnurished but in many areas of these slums there were piles of trash just left there instead of being properly disposed of. As they got closer and closer to the center of the city the roads and buildings became cleaner; for one there were not any piles of trash just laying about and two the buildings were organized into blocks. The truck began to slow down to a stop at a strip mall in the city. There was a great deal of people coming and leaving the area.

The doors to the truck opened as Alicia heard Josh calling out, "Alright we are here; lets go."

After David and Jack exited through the doors on either the left or right Alicia exited the truck through the door to her right. The group walked towards a store called "Seedy"; they walked through a double glass door into the venue. Inside the venue there was a small stage with a woman with brown hair and eyes in its center. Off to the left from the direction one would face when they walked in was a man with a speech pedestal. There was an on going bidding war for the woman.

"$1,000 going in one...two-"

"$2,000!"

"$3,000!"

"$3,000 going in one...two...three...sold!"

With that the bidding war for one ended and a new one started as another took her place. This time the girl had black hair and brown eyes. Alicia's group however went past this straight to the back stage. There Alicia saw other girls being measured and having blood drawn.

Alicia's group stopped in front of a doctor.

"Hey doc, we need you to do a DNA test on this sweet lass." Josh stated to the doctor.

"Sure if you can cover the fee."

"No problem there." Josh takes out a small stash of money from his jacket's pocket giving it to the doctor as he spoke.

"Well than bring her here." The doctor states as he put the money in a pocket behind his white lab coat.

As if on queue Alicia steps out and gives the doctor her arm. Alicia feels a sharp pain as the needle penetrates her skin. The doctor then began to draw blood for a few seconds before taking the needle out and patching up the needle's insertion point. With this done he handed Alicia a bottle of water and a cookie to which she happily took and consumed with her locust hunger for she had nothing to eat or drink for a while.

DNA test how much does it add to her worth? (i.e. lower risk of cancer and etc.)

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)