More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by nicakwalt71 nicakwalt71

So, who is the (un)lucky lady?

Carey Mulligan

Carey Hannah Mulligan (born 28 May 1985) is an English actress. She has received numerous awards and nominations, including one British Academy Film Award and nominations for two Academy Awards, two Golden Globe Awards, and one Tony Award.

Mulligan made her professional acting debut on stage in the 2004 Kevin Elyot play Forty Winks at the Royal Court Theatre. Her film debut came with a supporting role in the romantic drama Pride & Prejudice (2005), followed by roles in television, including the drama series Bleak House (2005) and the television film Northanger Abbey (2007). Mulligan made her Broadway debut in the 2008 revival of the Anton Chekhov play The Seagull, which earned her an Ian Charleson Commendation Award.

Mulligan's breakthrough performance came as a 1960s schoolgirl in the coming-of-age drama film An Education (2009), for which she received the BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role and a first nomination for the Academy Award for Best Actress. Her leading role in the dystopian romantic drama Never Let Me Go (2010) earned her the BIFA Award for Best Actress. In 2011, she earned further acclaim for her supporting performances in Nicolas Winding Refn's action drama Drive and Steve McQueen's erotic drama Shame, the former of which earned her a nomination for the BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role. In 2013, she starred in Baz Luhrmann's romantic drama The Great Gatsby and the Coen Brothers' black comedy-drama Inside Llewyn Davis.

In 2015, Mulligan was nominated for a Tony Award for Best Lead Actress in a Play for her performance in the Broadway revival of David Hare's Skylight. In 2018, she starred in the Netflix limited series Collateral and in Paul Dano's directorial film debut Wildlife. She garnered universal critical acclaim for her performance in Emerald Fennell's 2020 thriller Promising Young Woman, which earned her second Academy Award nomination for Best Actress.

In 2014, Mulligan became an ambassador for the charity War Child and visited the Democratic Republic of Congo in this role. Mulligan has been an ambassador for Alzheimer's Society since 2012, and an ambassador for War Child since 2014. She has been married to singer-songwriter Marcus Mumford since 2012.

How does Carey end up embarrassed?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)