More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by FantasyXLit FantasyXLit

Look for clues and find some help.

Call 911.

"Better ring up the cops," you decide. "I should leave this to the professionals."

Picking up the phone, you key in the numbers 9-1-1 on the touch dial and wait for someone to answer.

"911 how may I help you?" A voice asks on the other end of the line.

"I'd like to report a missing person," you reply. "My name is Deirdra and my friend Amy has disappeared."

You quickly rattle off yours and Amy's particulars and talk about the strange letter you found. The operator was polite and patient, making you think that you made the right decision. That's when the shoe dropped.

"Thank you for your call Deirdra," the operator said. "A Detective will be with you shortly."

Feeling confident, you head to the living room for a little TV while waiting for the police to arrive. You switch on to the news and watch the local TV station's popular blond news reader talk about city hall's latest inane proclamation.

"The vote was 2 to 1 in favor of the housing resolution," you half-hear her say. "In other news, Deirdra is going to get herself into a lot of trouble if she doesn't get her ass off my couch!"

"What the hell?" You sputter, sitting up before the TV. "Amy?"

"Deidra!" You hear the anchor say in Amy's voice. "I don't have much time!"

The anchor woman then stands up from her desk and heads towards the screen. "Listen, the cop coming to my apartment is a demon who wants to hurt you. You either get out of there or get ready for a fight. I'd rather that you leave but know that you have the strength inside you to beat these creatures!"

"This is nuts Amy!" You reply, finding yourself up close to the TV. "Where are you?"

Suddenly you find yourself back on the couch and the anchor is back behind the news desk prattling about some local scandal.

"Was it a dream?" you ask yourself. You realize that the police will be here any moment but this whole Amy thing is getting way out of hand.

"Maybe skipping out isn't such a bad idea," you say out loud.

Stay or go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)