More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Calldy Calldy

Who discovered the game?

Becky Summers- A Board game shop employee.

Becky was staying late after work. She really enjoyed working at a board game shop, but it was Sunday nights that made it all worth it. A night where they were able to playtest a few games. And the best part was that she was getting paid to do so.

The group was always the same five of them. Herself, a ginger haired college girl who dressed very plainly. Today going for a blue polo shirt and a pair of light blue jeans. Jason, the manager of the company, a slightly chubby, brown-haired guy in his mid-30’s. Alice, a shy girl that wasn’t great with customer interaction but brilliant at knowing games and prices. Jake, who had been there for the year, a cute jock that Becky had a bit of a crush on. And finally, there was Ivy, the newest employee. She was a college part-timer with a goth girl aesthetic and a bit of a bitch.

There was a selection of snacks on the table to keep them busy throughout the night. As a mixture of crisps, chocolate bars and nuts centred the large play table.

“Okay then Alice what is the first game we are going to try?” Said Becky as she pulled up tonight’s selection of new and unknown games. Most of the older games Alice knew how to play and so didn’t need to be tried out, but once in a blue moon there was an obscure game that no one had ever heard of. That is what got Alice excited, the old unknown games.

Alice was scanning over the games. She had medium length brown hair and wore large thick rimmed glasses, a beige turtleneck, and a long olive skirt. She had always been conservative in her dress and did not like to stand out from the crowd.

“Well, there are a load of new games to try but I’m kind of interested in this one.” She said as she showed up the ‘Cards Against Chastity’ game. “I know it’s not normally my kind of bag but it’s weird. It looks like a ‘Cards Against Humanity’ rip off, and I was going to discount it until I noticed that is came out 5 years before the ‘Cards Against Humanity’ game. Either it a weird knock off that got the date wrong or someone should be taking legal action” she said, her voice excited as her nerdy mannerisms were on full display.

Becky knew that there was no use arguing anything else once Alice got into something. “Sure, we can definitely try that out” she said with a smile. “And if its rubbish we have always got the new 7 wonders game to try out.”

“Yeah, it could be fun though. I think it might be fun playing a sexy game with some of you” Jake said with a wink. Today he was wearing a standard red T-shirt and shorts combo. He usually went to the Gym after work and was dressed to do just that. With his sports bag along side him next to the chair.

The other two also agreed as Becky pulled open the box to see what was inside.

Alice basically sprinted towards the rules and began to read them out to the others. It seemed like the same gameplay as the other version except with a few additional weird rules that made next to no sense.

  1. Only one round per day.
  2. Noone is allowed to quit before the game has finished.
  3. Cheating will result in Harsh penalties.
  4. You may not discuss the game with people outside once you start.
  5. You must do all usual activities when not playing.
  6. The winner can decide what cards players will keep and which cards to remove at the end of the game.

Rolling a die they picked their seating positions. The turn order would go Alice, Jake, Becky, Ivy, Jason. And they all sat down in the respective seat.

As Becky sat next to Ivy, she noticed Ivy’s hair and outfit. She had black died hair and wore a Blink 182 t shirt with ripped skinny jeans today.

“Hey, cute shirt I love blink 182” Becky said trying to make some sort of conversation, she hadn’t really gotten too much of a chance to talk to Ivy and hopped that tonight they could connect a little. Maybe if she wouldn’t be as cold once you get to know her.

“Um… I’m wearing it ironically.” She said as she dismissed the comment. “Noone really likes blink anymore.” Looking the other way towards the game.

Whist this was going on Jason oversaw shuffling and dealing the cards out. Today he was wearing a faded DnD shirt and a pair of black jogging bottoms. Hardly putting in a lot of effort. He dealt out 7 white cards to each player as well as putting the black deck in the centre of the table next to the snacks.

“Um okay final bit of rules” Alice said as she finished reading. “Looks like for each round people must vote on which card seems the sexiest and fitting. The card with the most votes will score the player that point. If the vote is tied, then both win and each winning player receives a point. There is also a whole load of crap about the game being magical. And that the game was made by a succubus wizard of old. Some crap about people changing and stuff. I guess as a flavour thing, but it looks like a pretty weak theme to me. Poor storyline, hopefully it plays okay.”

“Well, I think we just see how it play, and as I said, if it is rubbish, we can just swap it out.” Said Alice trying to keep a positive attitude as Jason and Ivy didn’t look the most impressed at it.

“Fine let’s just play” said Ivy as she picked up her hand of cards.

The others followed suit as they began to play the game.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)