More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 61 by Almax Almax

Choo Choo!

Back at the University!

Everybody bustles off the bus, hoisting their backpacks and picking up their wargear cases before walking up the gravel path and back into the main school building again for another week of learning and classes. As you understand it, these first day of the weeks have an early lunch break, to let everybody unpack and have all of the other buses get here in time -- then, the day ends with two classes after lunch, instead of just one like the rest of the days. So technically, you have one whole less class today! How cool!

You're one of the last to step off the bus, both hands on your wargear suitcase as usual, smile bright and excited. Up ahead of you, all of the students that take the main bus through Kokkinport are walking together in groups, happily talking. But this isn't like your first day, when you were feeling all nervous before bumping into Jace! Because this time, you have Jace to walk with! Ahead of time.{if NewtonGym == True} You had Newton too, but he got all excited when the bus stopped and bolted at the speed of light to get back to the Gym again.{endif}

"I hope I packed enough food." Jace says, walking with you down the gravel road. He's got his wargear case tucked under one arm, and his other hand is digging through his open backpack that he's holding in front of himself. "I sort of forgot that we still ate lunch here today."

You're skipping down the path, but every third skip you have to go straight up in the air instead of moving forward, so that he can catch up with you with his walking pace. You don't really mind, it means more skipping.

{if FoodWork>0}"You can always just go to the Food Court!" You remind him. "It's got lots of nice stuff."{else}"How come you packed food? Can't you just buy some?"{endif}

"Ah, yeah, but it's not really the same." He pauses to count a few tupperwares, so you skip up and down in place until he's ready to keep walking. "My mum and dad run a restaurant together, I love their stuff."

{if RobberCaught == 0}Oh, so his family aren't career bank robbers then, it's just him.{endif}

He gives a slight frown down into his backpack, then shrugs, and zips it back up before throwing it over his shoulder and walking again. You initiate forward movement, a bit hampered by the wargear case you're two-handing, but thriving nonetheless.

"Hey, that's Miranda up there, isn't it?" Jace asks, bending the arm not carrying his case at the elbow to point.

You follow his finger along to the back of a short girl walking on her own down the gravel path, both hands holding her backpack straps. Yeah, you think it could be Miranda!

"Should we go up to her? Cameron and Dellie get different buses in, and Lexi wasn't on that bus just now, so we're all roommateless for a bit. We could find some place to hang out for a while, unless you're keen to just get to your room and unpack everything."

{if Sorority == True}You shouldn't forget to check in with your new friends at the Argent Sorority later, before the longer lunch ends, but you'd absolutely still have time for that after this. {endif}It probably won't cut into your Free Time at all to hang out and chat for a little bit.

You haven't had many chances to spend time with either of these guys yet.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)