More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by lifegrindsmedown lifegrindsmedown

What is Jenna's plan for the day?

Attend a game night

Jenna double-checked that she had everything in her bag: a set of dice in a cute little drawstring pouch, a secondhand rulebook she'd found at a used bookstore, some snacks for the group, and a repurposed notebook with a pencil pouch, paper, her freshly printed character sheet and a little handy rules breakdown so she wouldn't look too foolish at the table. It was finally game night, and she was ready to actually play the game and meet people in person that shared her interests and were willing to take on a new player.

She dressed casually, just a geeky t-shirt and hoodie with some jeans to keep herself comfortable at the table. Then she texted the game master to let him know she was on the way and hadn't forgotten or simply bailed and was on her way.

Jenna pulled up to the house and double-checked the address to make sure she was at the right place. There were already a couple cars in the driveway and another on the street, so she parked behind it, then sat quietly in the car for a minute to build up the courage to actually go inside and meet new people. Part of her wanted to back up and go home, and right as she considered that idea, another car pulled in behind her - blocking her escape. She took it as a sign and got out of the car, to be greeted by a kindly but scruffy-faced nerd with a heavy bag slung over his shoulder.

"Hey, it's Jenna, right? I'm Ian, nice to meet you - heard you were joining tonight! Cute shirt," She flushed at the casual compliment and smiled awkwardly at him, trying not to immediately ruin the first impression. "What did you make?"

"Thanks," she said quietly, "I um, I made a bard, I asked what would be good and Eric said you needed a face? And a bard would be good."

"Oh perfect, we definitely need someone social, even the cleric is basically a glorified meat shield," Ian laughed as he said that. Jenna reassured him - and, more importantly, herself - that she could be social as he helped her get her bag out of the car and walked her up the front door. She could already hear the other people inside cheering and laughing. "Look who I found," he announced as he opened the door without knocking or ringing the bell.

There were several people - all men, she noticed - sitting around a large dining room table with books and snacks stacked precariously on its surface. Two chairs were free but she could feel Ian's hand on her waist - when did that get there? - as he led her over to one right between him and the only person she actually knew, Eric: the game master who'd helped her with her character and invited her to the game night.

How does the game night go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)