More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Adventive Adventive

Where is Cobie?

At Starbucks

It was a pleasant day for Cobie, she enjoyed the gentle breeze as she exited from her car. Walking down the main sidewalk, Cobie was glad that most people don't recognize her at first glance. Once more, she prided herself that she wasn't involved with extra drama that could distract from her works. Though most celebs would dread being drowned by the masses, Cobie wasn't one of them.

Walking into Starbucks, Cobie breathed in the atmosphere of the coffeehouse. Stopping at the back of the line, she pulled out her phone to let time pass her by.

"Hey, excuse me?"

Cobie felt a tap on her shoulder and heard a voice and turned around to see a woman. She knew that she had seen this woman before but couldn't put her finger down. It was probably someone she had been thinking about.

not to be rude, Cobie answered, "Hi, do you need something?"

"It's just a minor pet peeve, but can you remove your sunglasses?"

A light shade of red appeared across Cobie's face, she wasn't used to people meeting with her in public let alone talking to her so casual. But focusing on this woman's question, every inch of her was saying to ignore this woman. However, once she got her order, she'll be out this woman's hair and be out on her way to spend her day.

"Sure, why not?" Cobie said. She smiled as she placed her glasses in her purse.

"Thanks," the woman said. "I just don't see the need for wearing them indoors and don't get me started on wearing them indoors, at night, and in a dim lit bar. I mean, who does that?"

Cobie had to let out a small laugh for that as she could see the woman's point. It was after she was done laughing that she noticed the woman's camera.

Her demeanor morphed to slight annoyance, her turn in line was approaching soon. "Do you mind putting that away?" Cobie said, pointing to her camera. "You can call it my pet peeve." It may have come across rude, but Cobie was a celebrity just as her peers. If people wanted to see her face, the internet is in the palm of their hands.

The woman looked down at her camera then back to Cobie as she said, "Oh this, my bad. This is for a documentary at my university, 'a day in life' sort of thing. but let me at least take it out of your face." The woman had her hand moved from Cobie to the ceiling, her camera close to her chest. "Let me make it up to you," she said.

"Oh no, please, you don't have to," Cobie said. There was one more person in front of them.

"I'll order you a drink," the woman said. She maneuvered her way in front of Cobie as it was their turn in line. The woman had her camera staring at the cashier.

How does the order go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)