More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Iam_DickMan Iam_DickMan

Who is our Hero?

Arthur a Human

A young man is about to discover his destiny. He is of medium height and build, and has red-blonde hair. He is unaware of the destiny that will soon be visited upon him.

He wakes up like he does every morning, shit, shower, shave, grab a quick bite to eat and off to work. Shoving what he needs for the day into his work bag, he rushes out the door and makes his way to the office. Close enough to walk, luckily for him. He certainly doesn’t make enough to afford anything reliable enough to get him to work, and an unexpected repair bill… he shudders at the thought. Before he even gets to work he’s already thinking about what he’s doing when he gets home.

“Dinner? I suppose I still have those Dwarven meatballs and mead in the icebox, or maybe I am in the mood for some Orcish stir fry?” He wonders aloud to nobody.

Centaurs taking passengers fill the road, their yellow and black checkered blankets on their back. His office building came into sight, a pillar of blackened glass and silvered lines.

“I swear this company is lawful evil.”

Nobody used the old alignment charts anymore, considering them somewhat antiquated.

The giant double doors are meant to be imposing, and they were effective. A security guard stands a solitary watch outside, his belt and pants barely able to contain his massive gut. A hairy hand scratches at his groin. Troll. As mean as he looked, Arthur never had a problem with him. They hired on at the same time and went through orientation together. They exchanged a polite nod as Arthur ducked inside the massive lobby of polished stone and sleek but exceptionally uncomfortable lobby furniture.

He walked over to the south elevator and pushes one of the only buttons for a floor lower than the lobby. The sub basement. An actual dungeon if you asked anyone who worked there, it was home to the server banks, the janitorial department, and his office. Small as it was, it was his. He ran a department of one. Nobody knew what had happened to the last IT department and he had been hired in a flurry of activity that had made the last couple of months Avernus on Earth. He was finally making enough money to dig himself out of the student loan debt, so as busy as it was, it was worth it. He stopped before getting to his office door. Somebody was in there.

Who is it?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)