More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

What's next?

Arrive at your destination. (Rewritten)

Looking at the huge colorful sign you can’t help but feel a tinge of excitement.

All around you others wait in front of the huge mall sized building, eager voices holding conversations fuels an already vibrant aura of anticipation.

The Furry Pet Shop was almost open for business and despite your earlier unsureties about it this whole thing seemed legit. There were media outlets, a large crowd, protesters with various groups on the outskirts.

Like you none of them really knew what to expect but it would be interesting.

Within the hour figures could be seen moving around inside the windows, last minute adjustments and other tasks were being finished in preparation for what would most definitely be an inundation.

Then, with roar from the crowd, the front doors opened and an entourage of employees with security guards leading the way came out. Forming a half circle around the entrance a spokesperson held up a microphone and began.

“Thank you all for coming today! If you’ll please we want this to be a nice and easy process! So those of you with personal invitations make your way up!”

Upon hearing that you slowly began slipping your way through the crowd towards the speaker, shoves, bumps and grunts filled your world for the next minute. When you finally got there you hold up the invitation above your head and the security guards part just enough to let you in with the other invitees.

Following the employees that gestured for you and the others to come you enter into a surprisingly small room that smells recently mopped with the usual commercial chemicals. Your shoes clack satisfyingly on the tiled floor as you walk and the luminescent lights give off that familiar buzz.

There’s a decently sized wooden desk with a stressed looking clerk right in the center of it all, behind it a large circular crest with the symbol of DNA and the letters GRF displayed rested on the wall. The clerk furiously typed away at her computer.

On either side of the desk along the wall stood two rather big double door entrances, that, you presumed, was where the “furries” were kept.

Upon hearing your group enter the clerk in the center looks up, her green eyes widening. Her face quickly lights up after seeing you and she stands straight up with a smile, her customer service persona coming on smoothly.

"Ah you’re all here!” She exclaims throwing her hands together, "I wasn’t sure any of you would show up at all!” She waves a hand at the employees and they quickly begin to spread out to the individual members that had been brought in.

“Our ready service members will be able to assist you in any way you might need as well as answer any questions you might have. If they can’t then don’t worry, just approach me and I can help you out too.” She give a big smile, flashing her teeth before sitting back down.

You look around for a moment, watching as the already stretched thin Pet Shop workers struggle to accommodate your fellows. There weren’t many of you sure but there was even less of them.

So rather than wait around you shrug and move forward towards the desk. Upon reaching it you address the woman, who’s name tag reads Tiffany, with a question.

"Uh so I got the letter inviting me here today and I just wanted to know why? I mean I read the surface reasons but there’s gotta be another reason to send me this right?”

She looked up at you and shrugged, “Theres no reason you or anyone else was specifically picked, you just met a required demographic and got randomly chosen by luck.”

“Oh.” You nod and look down, well you weren’t special, depending on the context that could be good or bad but now it seemed to be neither, “So is there really some crazy Old World Blues gene splicing shit going on in this place or...?”

Tiffany gives a big toothy smile, " It’s real I assure you, the military is looking to contract the foundation for soldiers, that fact alone should be a big enough to assuage any doubts.”

Well that certainly sounded ethical and without apocalyptic repercussions.

“Alright, then, um, so do I just wait now for someone to come help me or...?”

Looking past you and scanning the room she narrowed her eyes, “Well it looks like most of the staff are pretty busy right now.” Standing up with a hop that made her long brown hair bounce along with her until recently obscured bountiful chest she stepped back from the desk.

“We here at the Furry Pet Shop are always ready to assist customers whenever they need it and right now it looks like the rest of my staff are all taken up.” She winked happily, “But don’t you worry, I’ll help you out now!”

You return the smile with a slight one of your own, “Thank you Tiffany, you mind if I ask you about a couple of things then?”

“Ah, yes I almost forgot! Before you ask let’s see if this little speech answers anything for you.”

“Yes, we produce real animal human mixes, yes they are sentient, no they are not being ethically violated at all. The point of this whole Pet Shop program is to try and integrate them into our society as smoothly as possible, preferably by adopting them out to people with good reputations and financial situations.”

“All individual animal human hybrids you meet in this store have agreed to participate in this program of their own free will and are not being into anything they aren’t ready for. You are here after heavy vetting on our part and this opportunity should be seen as a unique one.” She looked you in the eyes, “Does that answer that?”

“Well yes but, I thought you said I was chosen based on stuff that was the only in the publi-“

She clapped her hand together and looked off to the right side doors on the back wall, “Over here are our male specimens, on the left are our females. We have a wide variety of choices now with animal hybrids from all over the world, tropical species, desert species, aquatic species, every type you can think of. Even a few experimental types using preserved DNA from prehistory!”

Your eyes widen, “Holy Jesus really?!”

“Yes sir, impressive isn’t it?”

A little voice in the back of your head spoke up, “Damn, life finds a way I guess.”

Tiffany now looks at you expectantly her pale skin, slim smile and wide eyes making you feel more than a little creeped, “So based on all that, which type of species takes your fancy then? Let me know and I’ll take you to them so you can judge for yourself!”

For the love of god! Don’t open the door labeled Cazadores!

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)