More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Mapron01 Mapron01

Continue:

Arrival at the city

The journey had been a lenghty one, given how distant Omuma was, and there had been challenges along the way, including threats of pirate attack and having to deal with unfamiliar lands and cultures. After a few months, however, the trading ship they had charted docked in a set of lavish, bustling docks in a propserous city within a great bay. This was Ichikamita Port, the seat of the Shogunate.

Exotic wooden buildings rose everywhere they could see, with elaborate decorations that only increased their beauty, and with many goods known and unknown, lining the docks and the decks of nearby ships. And the most impressive of them all was their destination, a large palace upon a nearby hill, opulent and extensive. The site of the Kin Throne, where the sponsor for this trip was no doubt awaiting their arrival, to further explain the situation.

After paying the trader than had transported them and showing the seal to a nearby guard to get directions, the group set off, headed by Fuu, who was deep in thought about how to best approach this new mission, something she'd spent the trip mulling over. Walking down cobbled paths into the city. Even away from the port, the city remained every bit as lavish as the port itself had been, with merchants peddling their wares and expensive houses borderling the street, large plazas providing ample space to enjoy the fair weather, decorated often by fountains and statues, religious and not.

Skye in particular could hear soft tunes of music rising above the crowds to reach her ears, played with instruments she had never heard before, alluring and flowing melodies. Maybe she could find some time to get her hands on those instruments while they were here?

At the same time, Robin found herself enamoured by everything she saw, imgining what sorts of heroes this land might produce, her eyes drawn to the weapons and clothes on sale. She could already picture making a name for herself here, clad in heroic garb from this land, eyes drawn to a number of robes available nearby, as well as to the region's distinctive headwear. She had been seconds away from leaving the group to go peruse when Kiera gave her a dissaproving glare. "We're not here to shop" is all she said, as Robin sheepishly nodded and rejoined the group, shelving her throughts about those outfits for the time being.

Her interest, however, was matched by Becky, albeit for different reasons. Many of the vendor stalls along the road sold all kinds of flowers, herbs and plants the young medic had never laid her eyes on before, no doubt either brought in from elsewhere or native to the region. The few she did recognize were often rare back home, and the blonde found herself making an increasingly extensive list of plants to look out for during their asignment. It seemed she'd be quite busy for the duration of their stay here.

While Emmaline also held interest in what she was seeing, she was more interested in both some pretty outfits she had spied earlier, and in preparing for their meeting, as it was likely she'd be the one handling most of the talking with the Shoguness. Or at least, whatever represenative she'd likely send to speak in her stead, wondering how she should present herself before her, knowing so little about this land's customs. Being her opposite, Liv was instead focused on getting as much information as she could from simply walking across the city.

It was clear it was prosperous, but her sharp eyes could pick up on what lay beneath all the glitter and decoration. They weren't many, likely because this was the propserous part of town, but she could see disheveled men and women from time to time, and sometimes children, no doubt oprhans, trying to make a living, or simply stealing to get what they needed. Fortunately, none apropached the Bravos. Still, it informed her on the nature of the nation, the same as many others, where the rich benefitted and lived their lives in propserity while the rest of the nation languished and struggled. She just wanted to get on the job soon, mostly, and wasn't particularlly enjoying the stares she and the rest were getting, no doubt because of their clothes and appearance drawing attention.

And as such, the Bravos continued onwards, headed to the palace, and to their first important meeting in this new nation.

How does the arrival at the palace go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)