More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by SG SG

What world do you want to create?

Anyone - Agency Misattribution - Nonchalant

With agency misattribution, your actions are considered by any observer to be directed by them and not you. They will view you as an extension of their will and will retroactively justify anything you do as something they wanted.

For example, if Susan takes an apple from the table, it would be accurate to say that her hand picked it up; if she drives her car into a tree, her car hit the tree; if she tells her fiancee she loves him, her mouth speaks the words. But we say she picked up the apple, she hit the tree, she spoke the words. This is because even though her body performed the actions, she was the agent that willed it.

By the same token, if you take a bite of an apple she will believe that it was because she willed it. If you kiss her, she will find a reason to explain why she wanted you to. Essentially, she will think of you as a marionette entirely under her control and will perform elaborate mental gymnastics to justify anything "she" does via you.

Note that this applies to everyone you meet. If you sneeze in a crowded elevator, every person will say "Excuse me," but no one will say "Gesundheit," because they all consider it their own sneeze.

In a way, this is like reverse mind control; every other person is irrevocably convinced they are controlling you, and will find a way to hold to that belief no matter what you actually do.

Who's got it?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)