More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by chyoavs chyoavs

What's next?

Anna spends the day wandering the wasteland

As Anna ventured deeper into the remnants of the old world, her senses were overwhelmed by the stark contrast between her life underground and the reality above. Buildings that once scraped the sky were now husks of their former glory, their windows like gaping mouths, their walls scarred by the ravages of war. The streets, once filled with the hustle and bustle of life, were now silent, littered with the debris of a civilization fallen.

Anna's heart raced with every unfamiliar sound, her eyes scanning the horizon for any sign of danger. Despite the desolation, Anna believed that other people had to have survived. She had no way of knowing for sure, but she believed in her heart that other people must have survived, and she knew she needed other people to survive in this harsh, new world.

After wandering without seeing another living person for most of the day, Anna began to despair. The heat during the day was unrelenting, and sweat ran down her slim teen body freely. She had provisions to last for days, but she knew she needed to find other people; she had to hope that civilization endured.

That evening, she stumbled upon a group of survivors huddled around a fire. She saw them before they saw her. Three men were gathered around a campfire in the skeleton of an abandoned building. Her father had warned her to be wary of other people; they could be dangerous and unpredictable. Then again, they were the only people she'd seen after a full day wandering; who knows how long it might be before she found anyone else.

Indecision filled her as she wondered whether it was worth the risk.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)