More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Mossrite Mossrite

Who finds the remote?

Andy Warner, Pizza Shop Assistant Manager

I lean back in the chair in the back office as the printer runs. Jackie has me assigned to scheduling for her while she's on vacation, and it's a pain juggling people's availability and work hours with the needs of the shop.

It took me a while, but eventually I had a schedule that should work. Provided, of course, that no one calls in sick. I internally curse Mrs. Schaefer for opening a third branch in town and dragging a few of our more experienced workers to the main road.

Back in the kitchen, I tack the schedule to the wall. Rachel is putting an order into the ovens, and Emmy is with a take-out customer up front. The three of us are the only ones in store until Shelby and Jacob come in for the evening.

"Nice, looks like I get a good amount of hours coming up. Ugh, closing on Friday is going to suck though." Rachel had snuck up behind me, taking a photo of her schedule.

"Hey, you're the one I trust to close the most. Besides, Jackie will be back next week. Then you'll get your evenings back and I'll get my mornings again."

She pulls a side of garlic bread out of an oven and quickly transfers it to a cardboard box before checking the next order. "Yeah I know. I can't wait to hear about her trip, Italy always looks like such a beautiful country." A timer goes off for the pizza oven. "I got it. Andy, could you prep another bin of pepperoni? I'm getting low."

I hear her tell Emmy that schedules are up as the cooler door closes behind me. This morning was stock day, so the walk-in is more full than usual. I grab a couple packs of pepperoni and turn to the door when I notice something on top of a box of spinach.

It's a grey device with two buttons and an unlit display. A stubby antenna pokes out the top.

"Did the stock guys leave this? It doesn't look like their scanners." I press the green button, hoping it would turn on and give me a clue as to what this is.

The screen did indeed turn on, but it gave you even more questions. The top of the screen reads 'The Random Remote' but in the middle was what really shocked you.

'Target selected: Rachel Martinez'

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)