More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by tol tol

Why are these three so glum?

An unbelievable run of bad luck.

Since arriving in the county surrounding Old Maldon they have had nothing but atrocious luck, as if the land itself had machinations for them. After a series of very unlucky escapades they found themselves in the town itself, with a few coins, very little remaining equipment, and almost nonexistent morale.

Unable to ignore the misery radiating from her two companions any longer, Naomi dramatically stood up. "Come, darlings! Things aren't as bad as all that! We've found our way out of worse pickles!"

"Name three," Xinae muttered bitterly, her face resting in her hand, with just one dark eye slightly open.

Cal had allowed herself a small smile. She loved her old friend's unstoppable positivity, even if it tended towards the delusional. When she saw Naomi's grin start to falter, she sighed inwardly and stood up also.

"Agreed, my lady. These, uh, minor setbacks may have slowed us down... but all we need is to escape this blasted county and, Alawi willing, our luck will change. Back on the Queen's Road, I estimate we could reach the capital in less than a fortnight."

Naomi's beatific smile returned, this time at full , almost taking Cal's breath away. "That's the spirit Calli! And three powerful women such as ourselves should receive our adventurers' licenses as soon as we show our faces!" She paused, looking expectantly at Xinae.

The thief made no response except to slowly lower her button nose to the table and close her eyes.

Undaunted, Naomi aimed her expectant pause at Cal.

As always, Cal was unable to resist Naomi's innocent smile, and found herself doing all of the planning that the team's supposed leader should really take care of herself. "As far as I see it, we have one main goal: transport away from this shitty town." She waited for Naomi to politely remind her that bad language was unnecessary, then continued. "But transport requires money. And our line of work requires specialty equipment we no longer have. To make enough money safely, we'll need to get replacement speaking stones and better quality weapons, and then persuade the local questier to allow us access to the questboard despite our lack of qualifications."

Still facedown on the table, Xinae mumbles, "Yeah, and how do we afford the chatters or the stabbers? 'Persuade' them shop guys too? You two can suck every cock in town, but leave me out of it." Naomi's blush could have started a fire.

"How's about this: we could just get actual fucking jobs like normal people. Barman probably needs some temp staff for the harvest party. It'll take longer but at least no-one will get eaten, or shot, or pumped full of goblin cum." Naomi's desire to chastise was temporarily overwhelmed by her reeling imagination, and she was left speechless, her cheeks getting redder and redder as Xinae smirked smugly at her reaction.

Who does what?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)