More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by depravedDays depravedDays

What assignment comes your way?

An incursion from the Wildlands.

You are Astra Ilaveraea, an 18 year old female knight serving in the Order of the Sacred Stars, one of the most distinguished chivalric orders in the kingdom of Letovia. You had inherited your father’s blonde hair and bright blue eyes, and your mother’s heart-melting beauty. You’ve also inherited her natural chivalric talents.

Growing up, you’ve always known that you were going to follow in the footsteps of your mother and older sisters and become a knight of great renown. Your mother came from a very distinguished line of noble knights, renowned for their affinity to “Chivalry.”

“Chivalry” is a divine power channeled by its users to enhance their combat abilities. It is a versatile power, with potentially limitless applications. Only those who exhibit a talent for using Chivalry will be considered for knighthood in most of the chivalric orders throughout the seven middle kingdoms.

Though young, you’ve exhibited enough proficiency with both Chivalry and battle armaments to be considered a full fledged knight. Your older sister, Calista have basically taken you under her wing within the order and have taken up mentorship of you. As such, you’ve always stuck to her like a duckling as you navigated the early rigors of your service.

Your older sister Calista is 20 years old, about 2 years older than you. She was always doting and caring to a fault and can be extremely protective of you. You’ve always looked up to her as she had always exhibited much more talent than you, having become a full fledged knight at the age of 16.

Calista shares your distinctive blonde hair that you both inherited from your father. However she also inherited your mother’s regal gold eyes, along with her angelic beauty. She was slightly taller than you were and while you favored the versatility of a sword and a shield, Calista preferred the overwhelming of her greatsword.

One day, an urgent dispatch arrived at the order’s primary keep from the royal palace. The great southern wall which seperated the kingdom of Letovia from the chaotic Wildlands had been breached! The king is busy marshalling his forces, but it would take considerable time to fully muster an army. Meanwhile, reports have come pouring in about bands of wildlings running amok in the southern territories, sacking towns, women, and steadily encroaching on the crucial trade city of Gemica.

Thus, a royal decree has been issued to your chivalric order and several others to each send a contigent of knights down south to subjugate the beasts and push them back beyond the wall.

The Order of Sacred Stars complied immediately, quickly assembling a of 30 knights as an advance party to head down south without delay. The main of 120 knights will follow within a week.

As luck would have it, you have been picked for the advance party, and so have your sister, Calista. Neither of you were particularly worried as you both had ample experience in fighting wildlings. Your order regularly sends knights down south to help guard the wall and conduct reconniscence into the wildlands. You yourself have been on a total of three such missions. Your sister has done it a dozen times or more.

Thus it came to be that your band of knights, 30 strong, set off for the southern territories the very next morning.

What could go wrong?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)