More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by AnArcticJackalope AnArcticJackalope

Who are you?

Amnesiac Male, early 30's

Before we begin the story of your leadership we must first explore the trouble that got you there.

Your first memory was three days ago. You woke in the middle of a woods, half-buried in a snow drift. Judging by dark the grey sky was, it was either the beginning or the end of the day. The only equipment you had was the clothes on your back, and a small hatchet you found near your right hand, and that was being very generous considering how soaked your clothes were, and how rusty the hatchet appeared.

With nowhere to go, and nothing to do, you picked a direction and started walking. With how bad you were shivering, and how unsteady your steps were you figured that down would be better than up. Every time you found a decline that was safe, you went down, and every hill you found you avoided. You wandered for most of the day, before the darkening of the sky demanded you stop, lest a misplaced foot killed you.

A particularly low-hanging branch on a dry-enough tree was your home for the night. The situation was looking pretty grim. Your shivering was getting worse, and unless you found heat soon, you weren't going to make it for much longer.

The next morning brings little joy. As soon as it is bright enough for you to see your feet, you got moving, careful not to start in the direction you had come from. The good news of the day, was that sometime in the night you had stopped shivering, which was making travel easier. As you descend more and more, it becomes clear that you had woken roughly half the way down a mountain, and had survived some kind of avalanche. This would be useful information to have, except you couldn’t remember anything before that, and you were slowly dying from the cold.

As luck would have it, nearing the middle of the day, you heard voices. Knowing that voices meant help, you cautiously approached what appeared to be a moderated sized camp. Due to the amount of tents, and people you saw, you guessed that the camp contained maybe 40 people. In the center of the tents was a massive blazing fire, maybe ten feet tall, and burning hot. You were about to make your approach, when you saw a man dragging a crying woman through the camp by her hair, a wailing child following the pair.

How do you deal with this camp?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)