More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by FreezeAntix FreezeAntix

What's next?

Ambushed during Surveillance Operation

The Chicago Police Department had been investigating an underground smuggling ring. Evidence had been scarce at best so the elite Intelligence Unit was given the case. It took some aggressive and creative investigating but Intelligence was able to latch on to a lead. They found a possible location that could be a link in the ring. They just had to surveil the location before they could make a move. Normally the would move fast on the suspected location which was a semi-abandoned warehouse. The case was really being looked at by the brass though so things had to be done by the book. The unit was already dancing on the lines of legality with how they got the lead in the first place so they did not want to push their luck.

The unit took over a nearby warehouse was that was abandoned and set it up as observation post. In an office on the top floor of the warehouse was where the team set up shop, said office had a nice view of their target location. So far there had been a couple shifts of observation that had yielded little. The only thing that they found out so far was that target location was not as abandoned as it seemed as there was activity every few hours of trucks coming and leaving.

Unknown to the team, their target warehouse had an advanced security system. Security cameras had already tracked the coming and goings of the Intelligence members as they changed their shifts. The smuggling organization's leaders had already been informed and a counter team of contractors had been mobilized.

Detective Erin Lindsey parked her unmarked vehicle a block from the observation post. She tucked her badge away and made sure her holstered Glock was hidden before she made her way to the post. As usual she was dressed was in street clothing so she blended into the urban environment around her though she was the only person walking around. She had on dark maroon top under a cropped field jacket while her lower half was clad in gray form-fitting trousers worn boots completed her ensemble. Her long dark hair was tied back into her typical into ponytail which she always wore when on duty. Erin looked around her few times before she slipped into the warehouse that was the team's observation post.

She pulled her cell from her jacket and hit the speed dial for Detective Kevin Atwood. He picked up on the second ring, "It's me," Erin said, "I'm on my way up."

"Copy," Kevin replied, his voice tired from his long shift.

Erin was halfway up the stairs that led to the top floor when she heard the door open from above her and Kevin appeared. He was big well muscled black man and was dressed in black jacket over a dark top and jeans. "Welcome," he greeted as Erin reached the top of stairs.

"Hey," she greeted back as the followed Kevin into the office. It was a small space with an old desk, some beat up file cabinets, a couple of chairs and old sofa. Camera gear had been set up at the windows while a laptop that controlled the cameras was on the desk. There was also a box of pastries and take-out coffee on the desk. "How was it?" Erin asked as she carefully stepped up to the window and peered out the neighboring warehouse as well just looked around at the general area.

"Slow," Kevin replied stretching his neck. "I got a couple trucks coming in and out but that's it."

"Alright well, you're off," Erin said turning back towards her fellow detective.

"That I am, I'll see you later...Kim should be in to get you next shift," he said as he got ready to leave.

"Got it," Erin said as she settled behind the desk and laptop for her long shift.

Soon Erin was alone and things got quiet real fast. She leaned back in the old chair she was in an sighed as she stared at the laptop screen that feed from the cameras. She ate a single pastry. It was bad idea as it was stale, she washed it down with cold coffee that left a taste in her mouth. An hour in she paced the office and played with cell phone. An hour after she sat with her feet propped on the desk while trying to stay away staring the laptop screen. She checked her watch. Several more hours to go she thought. She groaned seeing that she really just started. Suddenly a sound from down stairs jolted her and she nearly fell from her seat.

What does Erin do? Call for back up or go investigate?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)