More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by babayaga babayaga

What's next?

Alternate Route: Prince Aleron

In an era when magic and might ruled the land, the kingdoms of Arivana and Dravendale stood side by side, a mere river's breadth apart. The lands of these rival kingdoms were as different as the men who ruled them. Arivana, with its fertile plains and towering trees, was a kingdom of life and growth, the laughter of its people ringing out through the cool air. Its castles were sturdy, well maintained, and a living testament to the harmony between nature and man's ambition.

Across the river, Dravendale was an austere contrast, a land of imposing mountains and hardy wilderness, a kingdom as cold and hard as the man who held its throne, King Eldrige. It was a realm of rugged beauty, but under Eldrige's rule, fear gripped the hearts of the inhabitants, stifling the sounds of joy that once echoed against the craggy hills.

King Theron of Arivana, a man of honor and chivalry, was known far and wide for his fairness and love for his people. His heart beat in time with his kingdom’s, his virtues reflected in its thriving fields and content populace. But in the shadowy halls of Dravendale, such notions were seen as a weakness, an invitation to challenge, an opportunity to exploit.

King Eldrige, an old man whose vanity knew no bounds, delighted in this. He saw not a man of the people in Theron, but a weak king, blinded by antiquated notions of honor. His heart was hard, his smile was cold, and his gaze was as sharp as the ice-capped peaks that surrounded his fortress.

The flame of hostility had been kept alive between Arivana and Dravendale for generations, sparking into sporadic bouts of war. In the past year, the raids by Dravendale at Arivana's borders had become more frequent, more ruthless. King Eldrige, in his vanity, expected little pushback. He saw not an enemy in Theron, but a toothless lion, unable to retaliate.

Yet the lion had a cub, young, fiery, and clever beyond his years. Crown Prince Aleron of Arivana, who was but twenty summers old , held a modern vision of strength. When the lion of Arivana remained docile, it was the cub who showed his claws.

In a move that shocked both kingdoms, Aleron led a surprise attack on Dravendale, cutting through its defenses and storming the castle. It was a drastic strike, a clear departure from his father's chivalrous approach, yet undeniably effective. The fortress, once considered impenetrable, fell in a single night, and with it fell the arrogant King Eldrige and his family, now captives within their own castle.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)