More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by HotnHornyGuy HotnHornyGuy

Does Alfred show her his magic, and how?

Alfred gets confused and has to ask what she wants

"Um, what magic?" Alfred asks, wondering what she is after exactly. Does she want me to cast a particular spell? Is that why I am here? he thinks to himself. Magic wasn't easy, especially for a mere apprentice like himself, quite often it required lots of preparation, and groups of mages for the more grand stuff. All he could manage straight off was few minor cantrips quickly, the innate abilities of all mages which included such trivial things as making a tiny light, peering into the ethereal realms, and healing minor cuts and bruises. Weaving magics too quickly or freeform (not following the instructions in a grimoire) was incredibly dangerous to do. If he had a wand or staff he could use some of the more offensive magics, but such things were not allowed to apprentices (and he doubted he would have been allowed up here with them, not that they would have helped much against someone of such prodigious strength as Rohkella, without a guard to held her off she would take him down rather easily).

"You no have magic?" asked Rohkella. "I know magic," replied Alfred. The Orc suddenly started growling disapprovingly, and moved into a more aggressive stance. "You no magic? I ask for Mageling!" Rohkella roars in anguish. "I'm a Mage's apprentice," Alfred pleads back, "I can cast magic, but I don't know if I can cast what you want!" "So you can magic?" the Orc asks, quieter this time though there is menace in her tone, "So show me."

These Human words frustrated Rohkella. Many of their words sound the same, like Know and No, and apparently Humans couldn't tell the difference either. Or this particular Human was just clueless, she hadn't made up her mind just yet. She had been close to chopping his head off then, thinking he wasn't able to cast at all. Which would have been a shame. It looked like the Human was finally figuring out what she was asking for though, as hard as it had been to get it across to simpleton. She hungered for what was her's, and all this confusion was just delaying the pleasure she desired, but she needed to make sure.

Alfred finally realised what this creature was asking for. She wasn't after a particular spell, just to see if he was indeed what he said he was. He lifted up his hands, but what spell should he cast? He could do a simple cantrip, but would that be enough? Should he risk something greater? She might be displeased, but he was not sure he could focus well enough with the panic welling up inside him.

Does Alfred do a simple cantrip or something greater? Or does he try something else altogether?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)