More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by coolcatyomom coolcatyomom

Who are you?

Alexis the up and coming prodigy

You are Alexis a new cadet right out of the academy. You have dark black hair and soft cream colored skin that had drawn quite a few eyes since you started puberty. You stand a reasonable 5'6" with perky D cup boobs that you often wore in a wrap when sparing but preferred to show off a bit when not in armor. Your ass was round and tight from all the toning you had done which had also made your legs smooth and muscular though, you were happy to know, not too muscular.

You live in a small village named Woodsbroke built along one of the trade routs between Islestad and Retrin. Both are large cities with larger Ranger brigades. Your village gets their business in part due to the large distance between the two cities. Near the half way point on the rout there is a large forest that surrounds the trail. Neither Islestad nor Retrin are willing to send rangers that far out and into unknown territory so caravans pay your village's rangers for escort through the forests. Honestly, it's the most dangerous part of the trip and your Woodsbroke is the only village thatโ€™s been able to survive. There was a time when two other villages existed near the forest, but both eventually lost all their rangers. One was opted to offer its wall defense personal as substitute rangers but without training they were like lambs to slaughter. None returned and village was left defenseless. The mutants overran it within days. The few survivors that stumbled into your town's walls begging to be let in were like porcelain, pale and fragile. They were screened and most were found to be impregnated. You didn't know what happened to those people. The other village learned from the first's mistake and migrated with a caravan. Your Woodsbroke's rangers provided escort through the forest. There is a caravan coming through in about a week so each of the new rangers, called cadets, is being paired with a full ranger and a veteran ranger. A veteran was a ranger who had been in service for three years or longer and who had slain at least three monsters and a full ranger was a range who had completed the cadet phase. Woodsbroke prided itself on its rangers and you were ecstatic to be able to join their ranks.

The feeling might be mutual in your case as you are one of the brightest students the academy has ever had. You were a natural in combat. You seemed to know what the correct strike to use or the correct response to an attack by instinct. You flowed through moves with a grace that only genetics could grant. You had your weaknesses but you were well beyond any of the other students in raw talent. Your skills in academics weren't quite as good as your physical skill but you had worked hard and had been the top of your class in almost every test. People were excited and you were kinda proud that you had done so well. You loved to see the look of pride in your parent's eyes as they looked at your scores or watched you spar. Despite the praise you had tried to keep a level head and not think you were the greatest ever. You had it beaten into you that raw talent means very very little next to experience.

Ready for your first mission?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)