More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Arachna Arachna

Just another day for a....

Akirakana Enforcer.

Enforcers of the Kuron are strange, at the very least. They don't understand questions that users may have, such as "Is this rule fair?" or "How does that make sense?" When it comes to enforcing the rules of the game, any concept other than obeying the rules is completely foreign.

It gives users all kinds of powers to be used, good or bad. They can choose to save someone with it or blow up a hospital. In the mind of the enforcer, this is perfectly acceptable usage of their abilities since there is no rule not to. However. The one thing a player must never do, is cheat.

If they think they can outsmart the system? Trying to hack into the system? They can break the terms of a special contract? It's bad.

Outside of the game, they are simply data clusters with physical bodies. They go about their day to day lives but always understand they aren't really part of the natural biological order around them. This leads a good number of them, to only being social with those who can share their viewpoints about things. Other enforcers.

Whatever their personality or logic, is all dependent on the one who programmed them. Some of the programmers liked to make them after themselves, while others wanted to make something more unique than what could exist in the natural world.

Since the Akirakana enforcement had the entire online world to get their information from, it lead to some odd ways of they work. They can cite every medical research journal on the Internet and can find nearly every manual about mechanical engineering. But for all the benefits of having the online world as their source of knowledge, it had the problem of the online world being their source of knowledge.

For every good piece of information they could pull, there was an article written by conspiracy theorists or postings by bigoted sources. The enforcers would happily absorb all this information, many being unable to tell the good from bad. They could understand the moon is 384,400 Kilometers from the earth, but also believed the moon itself is a hoax started by lizard people to control people's minds with flu shots.

The only absolute thing that anyone could expect from an Akirakana enforcer, is that when it came to the rules of the program itself? They lay down the law.

Which enforcer are you?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)