More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by D12 D12

What kind of mind control is it

Advanced Brainwashing Technology

Author's Note: This will be a short branch (about 5 chapters) written in response to a writing prompt I provided. I am currently writing free comission fanfictions based on written prompts in theme of Mind Control and Brainwashing. This branch will be VERY open ended with one off stories (it will make sense as you read it). If you want to comission a story from me, feel free to PM me a prompt of a MC fanfic you would be interested in written in my style. All I require is to know the fandom, characters and a general idea of the story. Now on with the story!

It felt somewhat like a reunion for the former members of Titans to work together on such a minor villain’s case.Red Robin, Beast Boy, Starfire, Raven and Donna Troy were almost casually fighting their way through an alleyway of goons after they broke out of yet another trap a while ago. It was cliche, yet fun for the group to get out of the good old trash compactor trap.

“It's almost like the old days huh? Kicking bad guy’s ass and taking names.” Beast Boy spoke up while shifting into a tiger form to dodge one of the assailants and pounce over them, incapacitating 3 in a row with a wide swipe of his claws.

“Yeah, it kind of feels easier after experiencing Gotham and Bludhaven solo.” Red Robin responded, even now under his mask he was grinning with how much fun this more casual crime fighting was.

“It really saddens me that such a wealthy man decides to use his influence for evil.” Starfire pointed out while she pushed another group of goons with her energy blast.

“Power corrupts, figures.” Raven quickly jabbed back, shrugging as she made a group of goons cower and run away with her powers.

“Sister would say that this is how the men’s world just works” Donna Troy looked around and wiped her hands clean after dispatching the stragglers of the attacking forces. “But then again, one thing I am sure she was right about to not let our guard down.” She quickly followed up while scanning the hallway ahead of them with her eyes, looking out for anything amiss but it still felt… wrong. Regardless, she couldn’t do much about the feeling right now.

The reuniting quintet continued to chatter as they half-casually traversed the hallway further. They couldn’t stop from idly chatting with each other because it was a few years since they last worked together as teenagers. Now in their early 20’s they would probably groan and roll their eyes at having to deal with Mad Mod of all people individually, but at least together they could use it to catch up.

Little did the Titans know, Mad Mod was on his last leg after the years financially. Superheroes thwarting his plans. His fortune was mostly swallowed up by the lawyer fees, costs of rebuilding and goons pay. He may be a cheapskate on the surface but he knew that good workers required just compensation. That's one of the lessons he learned throughout the years in the line of work. Another, similar, lesson was that he could spare no expense for his plan to work. Especially now that if he failed he would be most likely dead. Mad Mod borrowed money to pull his new scheme from the seediest individuals in the world, from Penguin to Luthor among the many others. In other words, if he doesn’t pay back he is as good as dead if not worse. With that said, he also learned from his previous encounters with the heroes, before going to take the small loan of a few hundred million dollars. He found every single flaw he could find in his previous plans, he took what worked and fixed what didn’t. And now through his hidden surveillance he watched the former Titans. The dispatched traps and goons didn’t bother him, the traps weren’t the most expensive ones as they served their purpose of letting the Titan’s guard down. The goons served a similar purpose, funnily enough professional goons appreciate to receive treatment after their battles instead of having to skip town. Who would have thought. With that, the entrepreneur clapped his hands as the Titans reached a fork in the hallway on his screens

The Titans almost burst out laughing when they saw the old and tried trick of forcing them to split up. “That's sooo cliche…” Before Beast Boy could finish mocking the idea of the forking corridor, the building began to shake and it seemed as if it started to tilt to them onward. On top of that the fork in front of them shimmered, the two way split became 3, no 4, 5 way split. One way for each one of the Titans. Here’s where the detailed planning of Mad Mod came into play. The Titans got separated by a sucking , either wind, magnets or magic pulled them apart in their designated corridors that quickly turned into shafts falling downwards.

Red Robin’s hall’s walls were covered in a slippery substance. As much as he tried his acrobatics to stop his fall and jump away the more it caused him to tumble down, landing in a steel chair firmly locked in the ground, shackles quickly held his limbs and head down. Mad Mod quickly learned from his former mistake of using flimsy wooden chairs that can be easily tipped over. Now all of the trap mechanisms for all five of his captors were made out of titanium alloy mixed with some extraterrestrial metals where it was needed, even Superman would struggle to break them.

Beast Boy was in a similar predicament, no clews por anything could gain him any leverage against the walls, turning into birds was ineffective too as the increasing wind was pushing him down making it unable to fly. On top of that, he was to shift into smaller animals as his descent progressed, ending up as a green rat before his fall ended in a small cage made of the extra tough metal. It was quickly clear that if he tried to turn into an elephant or any other huge animal the cage would crush him mid transformation. So he was stuck in the form of a rodent.

Starfire’s fall was going smooth for her, she almost managed to fly using her powers. But as she attempted to fly the walls began to blast her with odd energy, distracting her and making it difficult to use her powers at all. The radiation didn’t hurt her directly but in conjunction with her powers it made it impossible to focus and use them properly. That way she fell down into yet another chair handcrafted for her. The restrains blocked Starfire’s palms in special metal gloves that absorbed and nullified any kind of energy she would output elseway.

Raven tried to use her magic to stop herself from being trapped, either by flying or teleporting a short distance. But as she fell down the dark shaft and attempted to use her magic in any way, the walls lit up with magical sealing runes, blocking her magic and oftentimes redirecting the magic to shock her. She landed in a chair adorned in similar runes, her shackles weren’t exempt. Mad Mod had to admit to himself that getting the runes was the most expensive part of the endeavor.

Wondergirl’s fall wasn’t any better, her weapons bounced off of the walls and when she thought she managed to stick a sword in the wall she realized that it was pulled in by a strong electromagnet itself. The magnet let a powerful electric surge through the sword, hitting Donna with high voltage electricity, non lethal to the amazon but still hard and close impossible to endure and without any leverage to stand she eventually was forgot to let go of her weapons like that and fall into the last chair, her restraints were made out of reinforced alloys and while the metal was audibly straining against her struggle, it wasn’t giving up an inch and quickly exhausting the amazon.

What followed, in any other situation would probably just frustrate the former Titans but Mad Mod skipped all the formalities like explaining his plan or monologuing, there will be time for that when everything is done. The screen came to life, the spirals appeared on them, on the walls, ceiling on the floor even. Even though each one of them could try and look away the spirals would be there. Their eyes were open with the small hooks being part of their restraints. The program was simple but brutal. Mad Mod commissioned it by the best experts that dealt in messing with people’s minds. Those included psychological, technological tricks as well as sorcery. Combining subliminals, technological energy waves affecting the neurological functions and magic hexes. Those combined did quick work erasing parts of the Titans. Mainly their will and personalities. That worked to turn them into perfect merchandise, perfectly customisable personality, obedient but retaining all relevant skills and knowledge that made them formidable heroes. No breaking free through love or pride, the program would decide what they love and are proud of in its due time.

Of the women, Starfire was first to give in as the induced hallucinations droe her consciousness to despair. She couldn’t handle her fellow Tamaran’s blaming her for their misfortune and accusing her for leaving them to while enjoying her life on earth

Raven was the next one to fall, the attack was simple. The trap attacked her biggest weakness - Trigon’s influence. It Raven’s subconscious to weaken it’s hold over the demon and threatened her with letting it out but also tempted her that they could seal him with the programming, making her struggles end without endangering the world. In her struggle Raven gave in and accepted the deal, going blank in the process.

After Raven, Red Robin and Beast Boy had given in to the program. Robin’s will was hardened by Batman’s training but eventually even he gave in. While Beast Boy lost control and went primal before the gate whipped the animal side into submission causing him to give in.

Donna Troy was the last one left standing. Wondergirl’s Amazon’s pride made her hold against the mental . She would not become a man’s tool. This was unacceptable. This one required physical as the chair often shocked her while the program mocked Donna for not being able to break from her shackles and that her sister would probably already be able to resolve the situation. It was a risky play as there was a chance that in her frustration the Amazon could overpower her shackles. That’s why her process took hours more than other Titan’s, her pride was broken down slowly and carefully, taking time to wear her body down struggling and tire her mind out as well. Finally, the struggle died down and stopped. Donna Troy was a blank slate too now.

Still Mad Mod made sure to test their brain activity, take all the possible readings and evaluations to make sure that none of them are faking. Hell, he even left the program running making sure that the will and personalities of their captor’s were completely obliterated. Even though the first treatment they received would be enough, he ran it three more times on the blank heroes. Three times the charm as they say.

Now, Mad Mod could go on and start the stage two of his plan. The males would be more of a long term profit as their genetic material could just be harvested for sale. Maybe he could rent them out to some vilanesses if the said vilanesses would fancy some fun that way but that remains to be seen.

As for the women, Mad Mod figured out it would be simpler to rent them or sell them off as a breeding stock to the highest bidder. It was obvious that all 3 women would bear powerful children with the right fathers.

Now all that remained was to send out the adverts and proof in highly encrypted layers of Villain-net and reap the profits, pay his debts off and live his life in luxury.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)