More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by gene.sis gene.sis

Choose the next chapter:

Add a Chapter/Edit Chapter

You can add chapters to your own stories and to stories of other authors, depending on the "Story Mode" and your "User Role" of that story.
If it is possible for you to add chapters to a story, you can find an "Add a new chapter"-link below the answers to the chapter's question.

  1. Answer (required)
    The answer to the previous chapters Follow-Up Question. It can also be called "Chapter Title".
    This field isn't available for the first chapter of a story. Instead of that, you can see here the title of your story or "Working Title". Later the first chapter is always named "Introduction".
    You can use Immersion Variables in this field.

  2. Chapter Content (required) ("Write the next chapter..." or "Write the first chapter...")
    Write your chapter here. Respect the CHYOA Rules and the Story Owners Guidelines, which you can find in the sidebar.
    If you want to create a Linked Chapter (see 5.), leave this field blank.
    You can format your chapter by using either the Rich Text Editor or Markdown syntax, depending on the option "Use the rich text editor to create and edit chapters" on the Settings page.
    You can use Immersion Variables in this field.
    You can use Conditional Branches - If-Statements in this field.

  3. Follow-Up Question (optional)
    The question at the end of a chapter. If you leave this field blank, the question will be "What's next?".
    You can use Immersion Variables in this field.

  4. Add a Tag (optional)
    You can add Tags to your chapter.
    Type a Tag and confirm with "Enter"-key. You can add more Tags this way. Each Tag will be shown within a blue bubble.

  5. Link Chapter
    It is possible to use a chapter to forward the reader to another existing chapter. This way you can merge branches or create loops in your story.
    A. Click on "Link Chapter" in the sidebar.
    B. Switch to the "Chapter"-field and type the chapter name, you want to link to. Choose the desired chapter from the list, which opens after typing the first letters.
    Only use empty chapters as Linking Chapters! Linking Chapters are chapters on their own and can't have Chapter text. If you add a Chapter Link and save the chapter, the text in the Chapter text field will be discarded.

    Unlink Chapter
    You can remove Chapter Links by clicking on "Unlink Chapter" in the sidebar.

  6. Delete Chapter
    You can delete a Chapter if it doesn't have follow-up chapters. If you want to delete a Chapter with follow-up chapters, delete the following chapters first.
    A. Click on "Delete Chapter" in the sidebar.
    B. If you are sure that you want to delete the chapter, confirm the popup question with "Yes".

    If you deleted a Chapter by accident, you have seven days to recover it. To recover a Chapter, go to the Recently Deleted list, click on the ellipsis next to the Chapter you want to restore and choose "Recover Chapter".

  7. Conditions to view this chapter
    Conditions are part of the "Conditional Branches"-feature and can help you to control the outcome of the story.
    The checkbox is only available if the story option "Chapters can have conditions" is enabled. It is not available for first chapters.
    See Conditional Branches for further information.

  8. Changes to the score
    Score Changes are part of the "Conditional Branches"-feature and can help you to control the outcome of the story.
    The checkbox is only available if the story option "Chapters can have conditions" is enabled.
    See Conditional Branches for further information.

  9. Edit silently (only available when editing a chapter)
    If you choose this option, the chapter won't be marked as updated (highlighting in the story map).
    It is suggested to choose this option if you want to make small changes, which doesn't affect the storyline (e.g. correcting typos or grammatical errors).

  10. Publish Chapter or Save as Draft
    When you are finished your chapter, you can either publish your chapter or save it as draft
    A. Publish: After clicking on "Publish", your chapter will be visible immediately. If you want to add to a moderated story and you don't have a user role for that story, your chapter must be approved by the story owner or an editor.
    "Publish" is only available if the story is already published.
    B. Save as draft: You can also save your chapter and come back later to edit the chapter before publishing.
    There is no time limit for your drafts. Your drafts won't be deleted.

    Please use the draft system. Published chapters that identify as "Placeholder", "Draft", "In Progress", etc. will be set back to draft mode. There is no limit on the number of branches, so it is not necessary to "reserve" your place lest you be unable to post. Please publish only the final version of your work or at least the final version at the time. You may edit later if needed.

_

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)