More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by gene.sis gene.sis

_

Immersion Variables

You can use variables for customizable character details

  1. available Immersion Variables
    If you add a chapter, you can see the available immersion variables in the "Variables"-section of the sidebar.
    e.g.
    {you} your first name
    {best friend} your best friend's first name
    Story owner can define Immersion Variables while creating or editing a story.

  2. usage
    "Hey, {you}! How do you like my new bikini?" your best friend {best friend} asks while posing half naked in the doorway.

    If you use Immersion Variables (including the surrounding braces) within chapters, they will be replaced by the belonging immersion details.

    If the reader defined {you} as "John" and {best friend} as "Ashley" the output will be
    "Hey, John! How do you like my new bikini?" your best friend Ashley asks while posing half naked in the doorway.

  3. default value
    If the reader doesn't define immersion details, the default values of the story owner will be used.

    If the story owner set "Mike" as default value for {you} and "Jane" as default value for {best friend} the output will be
    "Hey, Mike! How do you like my new bikini?" your best friend Jane asks while posing half naked in the doorway.

  4. custom value
    Readers can define immersion details in the "Customize"-section of the sidebar.

  5. possible locations to use Immersion Variables
    Immersion Variables can be also used in Story Titles, Chapter Titles, Follow-up Questions, and Conditional Branch Variable Names.
    Note: If the reader changes the immersion details in the "Customize"-section of the sidebar, currently Story Title, Chapter Title, and Follow-up Question won't be refreshed immediately. To see the new customization details, you can either continue to a follow-up chapter or reload the page.

  6. avoid spelling errors
    You can use the "Variables"-section of the sidebar to avoid spelling errors.

    • click once on a blue marked Immersion Variable in the "Variables"-section of the sidebar
    • press CTRL+c to copy the Immersion Variable
    • go back to the "write chapter"-field
    • press CTRL+v to insert the Immersion Variable
  7. changing variable names (story owner)
    If you, as story owner, want to change variable names, please consider, that every occurrence of the old variable name in your story has to be changed manually. This applies to chapters from other writers as well as your own chapters.

_

  • No further chapters
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)