More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Marcus Dark Marcus Dark

Who Is Our Hero?

Aaron Eric Cross

Like most Great Men Our Friend Aaron came from humble beginnings....

Aaron was born to Cyndi and Marsellus Cross and he was always a very Happy and Active Child but as is so often the case this would soon come to an end. Aaron's Father Marsellus left for reasons known only to himself when Aaron was barely a year old leaving his mother to Raise Aaron and his Elder Twin Sisters... Kimberly and Michelle, on her own. And she did just that for shy of 5 years during which time she had a Fourth Child... A Daughter Named Monica by a man she met, had an affair, and would eventually marry. Her Husband Garrent Masters is a wealthy man 15 years her senior but utterly smitten with Cyndi. Many believe that she married Garrent for his money and influential connections but isn't that what they always say when a younger woman marries an older man with money and it certainly didn't help that Young Aaron has sick most of the time and waitressing can barely be expected to pay the bills for a shitty little two room apartment let alone allow her to provide for herself, three then four kids, put food on the table, clothes on their backs, keep a car 20 years too old to still be on the road running, and pay for utilities and other essentials. Now that I think about it.... Hell, if you won't say it I will. She was fucking the old bastard porno-style every night to provide herself with a better life and to keep her babies alive. Call her a whore if you want to but as a parent you more often than not have to do things that both sicken and disgust you, things that your Pride and self-respect would never allow you to do for yourself... Just to shelter and protect those you love from a cruel and unforgiving world.

Alright, enough of that deep, deep, depressing child psychology shit True Though It May Be. Let's not turn this into a suicide-inducing episode of The Dr. Phil Show and instead lets turn this back to Aaron our Hero or Villain depending on your moralistic leanings.

When Aaron was just Five years old he was diagnosed with a brain tumor that still has medical professionals all over the world scratching their heads. yep, it's a real medical mystery alright. This unusual brain tumor, or more specifically, a Cerebellar Pilocytic Astrocytoma had tendrils infiltrating every nook and cranny of his brain. The Tumor starved his body of vital nutrients and protein, replicating the symptoms of an advanced form of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis or A.L.S., leaving him small, sickly and weak for most of his life but instead of dysfunction and destruction of brain function it appeared that the tumor was stimulating and increasing brain function to an amazing degree. By the time Aaron was Eight he already had more active brain use than anyone ever tested. His mind was literally drawing so much energy from his muscles that they began to wither. Complete paralysis and was estimated within 3 years once gamma wave activity in his brain exceeded 50 hertz and his Acetylcholine receptors began to draw away from his nerve receptors instead of toward them but he hung in there and fought tooth and nail every step of the way until the brilliant Doctors handling his unusual case declared his condition to be non life threatening though extremely debilitating.

Now for current... Well recent events.... Aaron is now nineteen years old almost twenty and since he began puberty a few years ago his body began to catch up to his incredible mind. Aaron is now six foot tall, athletic and lean muscled but their are certain things that set him apart from the other young adults in his school. For one thing his skin is chalk white with unusual red accents near the corners of his eyes, The irises of which are yellow. Everyone at school and most adults including his step-father believe that he simply doesn't get enough sun and likes to wear eye make up and freaky contacts like those creepy goth kids who are starved for attention but these are natural well not really natural but natural for Aaron.

Being a rich kid certainly had its advantages but the money that Aaron uses to buy both what he wants and what he needs is entirely his own. Money made possible by his own Genius, hard work, and a few smart investments. 1,273 That is the current number of patents Aaron holds. Patents that have already revolutionized the fields of medicine, computer engineering, chemistry, physics, mathematics, and a slew of other areas of Human Endeavor. At present, Aaron is even richer than his step-father and he looked it to.

Aaron regularly dresses in one of Twelve $15,000 Custom-Made, Hand-Tailored Suits from Savile Row in jolly ole' London, England where they have some of the best tailors in the world which he had specially commissioned when he started dating his long time friend Mary Jane Watson who has lived across the street from him for most of his life. For a long time, Aaron has secretly lusted after her since they were kids before he even knew what lust meant or what sex was. They have even gone out on a few platonic dates whatever the hell that useless word means but it just didn't work out. There seemed to be no chance more could develop between them because every date they went on she would inevitably have to leave early usually in the middle of their date when things were beginning to get fun and sometimes before the date even started because of some emergency or other that she would refuse to talk about or even acknowledge later. And then of course their was the immutable fact that they were from completely different worlds... He was the shy, gangly goth outcast and she was the vibrant, gregarious center of the school's social circle.

A circle that poor Aaron would never be apart of no matter what he did, who he knew, or what he accomplished. Because of his medical condition, shy quiet, demeanor, pale complexion, and almost supernatural intelligence he had been branded a "Squint," a disparaging and derogatory term for those who prefer to use their minds instead of their muscles or what's between their legs to solve problems. And in high school, or any school for that matter... Once they have decided that you are one thing or another the masses will never allow you to break that mold for the rest of your time there.

[Sounds of a struggle]

Hey, Hey break it up you two. We've strayed from the topic here and they'll be time enough for that later.

Yeah, We were talking about clothing and appearance so get back to it numbnuts.

That's so Rude, no need for name calling I'm swinging back around to that okay so just sit down and chill.

HEY! Don't Ever Tell Me to 'Chill' or so help me I'll beat you to with this life-sized mickey mouse figurine sitting on the table next to Me.

ENOUGH!

[Clears Throat]

In Addition to the twelve $15,000 suits Aaron regularly wears as his own way of mourning the of his and MJ's relationship that could of been but never was....

[Coughs]

Alright I'll stay away from the redhead...

Thank You.

For Now...

[Growls Menacingly]

There's also the $12,000 white silk shirts, $1,000 Cashmere socks, $5,000 Italian shoes, $25,000 personalized Cartier watch, $800 cufflinks, at least two $350 monogrammed silk handkerchiefs, A $200 haircut, Another $3000 for regular grooming, A $1200 custom made Octopus ring (I know weird right and strangely specific but The Main Character has a thing for octopi... You'll understand why later I promise) which was his prized possession as far as his wardrobe was concerned because he would sooner go out in public naked than go anywhere without that ring.

Holy Fuck look at that creepy ass ring!

Now whose getting off topic

Don't give me any shit. I Said: "Do What I Say Not Do What I Do."

Anyway......

It was the first thing he had bought himself, And he had designed it himself and had it especially commissioned through a well-known french Silversmith and jeweler. He absolutely Adored it.

The only other thing that Aaron regularly carried with him was a demonic-looking briefcase with a macabre three-eyed face set into the unknown smooth, black obsidian-like material that case was made of that was apparently left to him by his father and even Aaron sometimes thought it was a little unnerving how the thing seemed to watch his and everyone else's every move.. And what's more their were times he swore he could hear the thing whispering or breathing and a heart beating inside the thing. But while he hated his Father for leaving him, His Mother, and his Sisters he really had no idea why he left and as unsettling as it was sometimes he really did feel a certain attachment to the briefcase which he affectionately nicknamed "Diablo."

When his mother, Cyndi first gave him the case he hoped it would contain a letter, some papers, a recorded message.. Hell Anything really that would answer at least some of his questions but the only thing it contained was what he later found out was an Antique One-of-a-Kind, Hand-Crafted LeMarchand Lock Puzzle Box. The Puzzle Box Itself was beautiful and of unparalleled workmanship with smooth black lacquered sides trimmed in brass and gold, and appeared to have some sort of arcane symbols etched on its surface as well as an almost imperceptible etching along the seams between the pieces.

After several days, Aaron quickly found that even A clever individual like himself might spend the better part of a week loosening the first piece. The interior surfaces were brilliantly polished and Aaron's reflection — distorted, fragmented — slid across the lacquer like skates across a frozen pond and then there was the sound it made... Like chirping birds, The box had apparently been constructed so that rearranging it tripped a musical mechanism inside. A short, simple tune emerged from the puzzle box and as he arranged and rearranged the pieces, Aaron found that the Tune continued to evolve as each additional piece was moved into its proper place.

Though with each piece moved, Each segment presented a fresh challenge to both fingers and mind, the victories rewarded with a further filigree added to the tune and the sound of a large bell could be heard tolling mournfully in the distance. Aaron was sure he was close But Try as he might Aaron simply could not solve the puzzle.. Hour after hour he studied each piece and its movement but he could not solve it. However, Aaron was bound and determined to solve the riddle of the box if only to prove to himself and that damnable puzzle box that he could.

With such expensive clothing and grooming, You're probably wondering how much his underwear cost and the answer to that Question would be nothing. Aaron prefers to go commando, A fact that everyone in the school was made well aware of one day after one of the jocks in a fit of childish humor pantsed him during gym class in front of the entire class and well news travels fast and a few pictures spread from there. Aaron had been rather well endowed even before his mutation kicked into full swing and the size of his impressive manhood made more than a few of the girls watching drool and left more than a few of the jocks feeling wholly inadequate.

Dude, What the hell?

What? What'd I say?

We weren't supposed to tell them about the jocks pantsing him yet you IDIOT!

Oh Right! Sorry everyone just forget I said that last part and enjoy the next Chapter.

Jesus... Why Me?

That's Enough Out of You Two! I've Already Gotten Too Many Complaints About You Two Idiots! So I Will Be Taking Over From Here On Out!

But We...

I Don't Want To Hear It So Sit Down and Shut Up! If You Want Anything Done Right You Have To Do It Yourself! My Most Sincere Apologies Everyone!

Where Does The Hero of Our Story Live?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)