More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Trom1806 Trom1806

So, who will be the person trying to achieve success in this world?

A young human male-servant Elmar.

You are Elmar, a young male servant from the petty human kingdom of Morthem, which is located in the southwest of the Daveron continent.

You are 18 years old, you are a white guy of average height (1 meter 80 centimeters), your muscles are developed to an average degree, you are quite wiry and thin. Your face has wide cheekbones, a small mustache and dark brown eyes. Your head hair, eyebrows and mustache are black.

You live in a small forest village (the village is called Riten) in the kingdom of Mortham and serve the local village merchant Porberd, who trades in small quantities of timber.

You live from hand to mouth, Porberd pays you very little and constantly mocks you because he considers himself more noble in origin than you.

You are an orphan - your parents died 10 years ago during a raid by warriors from a neighboring human kingdom. You don't know what exactly they died of - were they killed by marauders or did they die of starvation or did they die from an epidemic of some contagious disease. At that time (10 years ago), in addition to the raids of neighbors in the kingdom of Mortham, there were many different problems. 1 year before your , your parents (they were ordinary peasants) gave you into the service of the merchant Porberd. Parents hoped that after training, Porberd would raise you - that he would appoint a clerk in a trading shop and begin to pay you more money. When you began serving Porbird you were 7 years old, your parents died when you were 8 years old, and now you are 18 years old.

However, for all these years of service with Porberd, you did hard physical work, Porberd pushed you around and apparently intends to do so in the future, since it is beneficial for him to always have a low-paid servant with him for dirty and hard work. You understand that the greedy Porberd is not going to promote you. You are annoyed by your fate and embittered by your dysfunctional life. You are also very annoyed by a significant increase in food prices. Because of the recent coronation of a new infant king, huge sums of money and huge amounts of food had to be spent. All this contributed to rising prices and food shortages for ordinary people.

You are now standing in front of your master (the petty merchant Porberd) in the central room of Porberd's trading post in the village of Rithen.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)