More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Diggitydog6 Diggitydog6

What's next?

A step into a new world

Moon found herself in a lifeless tomb. Ice cold, the metal felt, as she touched the decrypted flesh of the since abandoned carcass of science and engineering. Labored breath was the only heat that signified any life could be found within the empty room. Moon trembled, her body barely keeping up with the reality of the world she woke up to. She was told that they were going to be pressurized, they were going to live their lives within an underground vault, they were going to leave the vault when the radiation subsided. Now she was kneeling in front of a cold grey chamber pod flanked by legions of identical pods. Moon couldn’t move, fear gripped her as suspicion kept her from her husband’s side. She didn’t want to test the idea that her husband was the one at the end of a barrel; maybe it was one of the neighbors. Yeah, it was one of her neighbors; though all delusions were shattered, along with her confidence, when she opened the pod.

Nate leaned, slouching out of position from the proper siting. His thawed body was as pristine as he had the day he was born; the bullet hole shattering such images of maybe he was still alive. Moon gripped her husband’s hand, she caressed it giving all the love she could, in a vain attempt, to possibly resurrect her husband. Taking her husband's ring from him, the only thing she could have to remember him. She’d wish to give him a proper burial, however she was alone and trapped in this cell; and a dead body can’t really bury another dead body. So Moon had resolved herself to escape this tomb and give a proper funeral to her beloved. It took her some time to get her bearings, the cold nipping her legs didn’t help. The giant cockroaches that bit into her flesh had, unsurprisingly, hindered her progress out of the corridors of the vault. The dead silence of the pods only ever haunted her even more; all these people she had known all her life: Mr. and Mrs. Whitefield, they were lovely people of which would come by their house to sit by the porch watching the sunset with pleasant conversation to go around; Mrs Able and Mrs. Callahan, they would invite each other to different events and social gatherings while the Misters enjoyed a night out on the town. While not everyone was a friend at the very least she was on good terms with these people. Silence was all that could be heard from the room; a silence was more damaging than what any giant roach could do.

Finally she made it out of there, out of that tomb. Moon young woman not even old enough to drink; a year away in fact. Her straight black hair rustled in the light breeze of the outside world. Her thin frame and petite body hide her Intellect and her somewhat average strength. In the old times she was quite popular with the men, though she only had eyes on Nate. Her hair had much hindered her perception of the battlefield. Nor was she the best of fit, though she could run a good fair amount. She always thought herself lucky; especially finding her soulmate at such an age; though recent events would disprove that. (Not going to bother with hard-numbers with concern to SPECIAL; you can just increase skills so ehh.) Her vault suit clung to her, despite it being premade for a general audience; it fit her well. Her new life in the new world, what she couldn’t have known, The world was wasted, her hometown a former shell of itself, bombed out and burnt to a crisp. This was the world she walked into.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)