More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Tetsubukai Tetsubukai

What does Grey look like?

A small, waifish young woman

I turned to face the 17 year old who has been accompanying me for nearly two months on this quest of mine.

When I first found her, she was squatting in a secluded alleyway. She was nameless, and her hometown may as well have been. I bought her a few days worth of rations, and left thinking that I would never see that kid again. The last thing that I expected to see, was her following me into the tavern for information on my quest.

"Your daughter is underage sir, she isn't allowed on the premises. Town policy." the barkeep say, pointing out that little girl. I turn to see her looking directly at me with a blank look on her face, and some food scraps in her hands.

"She isn't my daughter sir, just a street urchin I fed a few short minutes ago." I replied, but the merchant didn't seem convinced. Even I had to admit that there was some resemblance between the girl and myself. Our eyes seemed to be the exact same shade of blue, we both had rather angular facial features, and our lips were almost the same level of thinness.

"Look pal, I can't prove that she's your daughter, and you can't prove that she isn't. At the very least I need you to make her stay outside. I really don't want to be fined for having a minor in my establishment." he explained. I understand the position that this guy is in, but it really isn't my problem.

Do I talk to her?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)