More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by thisonelad thisonelad

But what is the creature?

A slime creature, capable of some shaping its own body and filling others

The ship crashed hard into the forest, but the inertial dampeners kept the slime safe. It powered down all systems except for stealth and opened the pod door.

The night air was cool on the jellified body of the slime. It shivered slightly. “So much colder than home.” It thought. Perhaps it had better find a host sooner than later. It set off into the trees, towards the light it saw in the distance.

Generally speaking, these humans were about its height, at least when the slime was in its natural humanoid-shaped state. But having its body in a liquid state allowed it to reshape itself into any form it wanted within the limits of its volume. It could even divide itself into separate chunks if the need arose, but usually it tended to enjoy concentrating itself all together. Of course there were more than one species within the Empire that enjoyed such a state. What made the slime’s race different was that it could use its liquid body to fill up a host body and seize control of it—a useful talent within the Infiltration Corps.

As the slime approached the light, it saw the source: a domicile, a crude structure of wood and brick. Inside were muffled noises: voices by the sound of it, one of lower pitch than the other. It could not discern the language yet, as it would need to possess a host to do that, but its experience led it to believe these voices might be ones in anger.

Finally, the argument seemed to cease, and the slime caught sight of a long-haired human walk up steps towards the second floor of the hut, while the other likely stayed on the first. The slime bubbled slightly, forming a plan in its mind…

Who does the slime choose?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)