More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by TheFallacyGuy TheFallacyGuy

What is the last feature (and what are your minions)?

A robot-clone factory

"Lastly the rest of the floors of the tower has been furnished into a factory that will create a small army of robotic clone companions."

Yeah, 'companions' is an apt word for it. They are not co-conspirators, and they are not colleagues, and they're definitely not friends. L.I.L.A.I. is a soulless machine, but at least she tries to act human (even without a body). The Clobots do not. They are all clones of you, but since you haven't mastered the act of cloning yet, they are all a bit weird and mutated (some have different hair colour, some have slumped shoulders, one hilariously has a minuscule penis), they are all a bit smaller than you, and none of them are smart, which is why you augmented them with robotic appendages and intelligence. They don't really look that human anymore, with their robotic bits and bops sticking out, and they're probably more machine than man, but at least they are now able to understand orders, even if they never talk (which is a bit creepy). The Clobots can come in a variety of forms all dependent on which way you augment them. No matter which variety though, they always come with this dopey way-too-happy facial expression. Like every hour is happy hour. It's a bit of a hit to your brand as a world-conquering villain, but at least you have a happy workforce... you think so anyway. As they are now they come in four varieties.


Scloutbots:
They have the same invisibility mode as your suit. Due to their CPU's running hot, they have the same limitations as you do, however. They have special inter-dimensional cameras installed, and you can use them survey any world you want. It's like having secret cameras everywhere, but they can move around. It took a lot of effort and space to install the invisibility features, so you couldn't really give them any armor or any weapons, and since Clobots are fairly expendable to begin with you are pretty sure that these guys would lose a fist-fight to a turtle. And you aren't even talking about those mutant ninja motherfuckers either. Just a regular box turtle.

Clopterbots:
These guys have been augmented with a helicopter attachment. They look a bit goofy, but they are effective, and can fly pretty fast if they want to. They are not very durable, but in a large swarm in a situation with little anti-air weaponry they can cause some damage with the two mini-gatling guns you've installed in their arms. They can beat a good few turtles before going down. Less so if the turtles are armed with slingshots.

Decloybots:
Armed with explosives and a harsh impenetrable outer shielding, these Clobots are perfect for distractions and causing absolute mayhem. While they have no real weapon other than the C4, they're hard to defeat, and outfitted with an annoying siren to gather attention, where it can then promptly explode, and can probably take out a couple of turtles with it. Non-refundable.

Undercloverbots:
Supplied with a holo-disguise and an omni-pistol these are ideal for unexpected ambush, and as a "take-by-" for "plan B" type scenarios. They can act as ordinary people (well as ordinary as Clobots can act), and then suddenly turn to combat at crucial points. Out of all of the Clobots they are probably the best fighters. They are also a bit more resource intensive than the other types so you can't make as many. With just a little bit of combat training they can manage to reach an astounding 12 TEPM*.


As L.I.L.I.A. finishes her tutorial for the umpteenth time, you ponder how you are best going to plan your on the entirety of the animated world. You need to travel from world to world conquering them in the most obtuse and confusing way possible, but with your type of equipment and with a not very smart army, you need to start small. You need to find a world that is not very well-guarded, preferably that is not overflowing in hi-tech, and somewhere that hasn't been imbued with too much magic, as your equipment is not really ready to deal with that yet.

You'll also need to find some person there to help you take over that world. A sidekick of some sort... wait, no. Those are what heroes have. A partner, perhaps. No, you are not ready for that kind of commitment. A.. a... aha! A henchman... or they could be a henchwoman too, you suppose. A henchthey. Yes, that. A henchthey of some sort. Maybe the henching would be best to decide on a world by world basis. They would know more about the world than anybody else on your payroll, and the more the merrier, right? It would certainly be nice if you could persuade some people to join you rather than taking everything by . That would be a hollow victory. So, you guess what you need to do now is to find a good location to start.

* Standard measurement of combat effectiveness. TEPM = Turtles Eliminated Per Minute.

What world do you want to take over?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)