More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Rowenar Rowenar

What's next?

A new law

It wasn’t that Chyler didn’t try to keep up to date on laws, just that sometimes she was distracted. When most of her time was taken up by filming Supergirl she didn’t really have the time to keep up to date on everything.

She noticed her Twitter feed blowing up, but she was already late getting to the set so she brushed it aside. There was probably nothing preventing her from checking what everyone was talking about later.

Huh, did look like most people were pointing to the same link though.


Clothing Rental :

As of today, the Ensemble Narrowing Federal Statute has been put into law. Inspired by the shift in the IT industry from selling services and programs outright to selling licenses to use said services, it has been decided to shift paradigms in other industries.

Rather than clothing being sold as an entity, citizens have been allocated a set amount of time to rent the legal permission to use their clothing. Anyone using clothing outside of this set time is doing so illegally and is expected to stop.

As a result of this, the cost of the rental will pay for the work of designers and developers and allow workers to be better paid while allowing the garments themselves to be sold more cheaply to those that need them on the standard license.

Non-intrusive surveillance software combined with facial recognition has been put into practice to ensure all citizens are kept to this new standard. Local law enforcement will be alerted to anyone found in breach of their license.

The standard license is as follows:

Men: 14 hours casual clothing per day, may be altered after a period of thirty (30) days

Women: 8 hours casual clothing per day, may be altered after a period of thirty (30) days

This solely applies to clothing not for personal use. What ensemble you wear in the privacy of your own home is independent of your license.

All citizens possess the standard license automatically. If you wish to upgrade your license to cover more hours of the day or to allow for non-standard outfits, or simply wish to read more details, please visit www.enfs.gov with your social security number and payment details.

The times given above are on a day by day basis. With the exception of plans where it is explicitly stated, hours cannot be transferred from one day to another. A woman who only uses her clothing for one hour on one day is still limited to eight hours the next day, using the standard license.

The daily system has been decided upon to allow careers to continue predictably. If it is inconvenient for you, please seek a change.

Bugs are to be expected in the early period of enforcement. Please make a full report of any experiences you feel were unfairly covered at the site above.

If you are found to be wearing clothing after your daily rental period has been expired, local law enforcement has been empowered to remove anything worn illegally.


Chyler exhaled, weary. It had been a long day of filming; she’d gotten up early and had been working most of the time since. The afternoon had begun a little while ago. Sometime she’d manage to catch up on her phone.

She wouldn’t have been able to say offhand, but she wouldn’t have been surprised to hear that it had been exactly eight hours since she’d left her home.

She would have been rather more surprised if you told her that her name had been pinged on the servers of the nearby police station, and that a car was being sent out to check on her.

Where is Chyler when she gets the news?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)