More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Guforess Guforess

How does Zoe learn she's not the one and only Zoe?

A mysterious heritage (Magic)

Zoe Menny had always taken after her mom, which both friends and relatives liked to point out whenever Zoe and her mom were seen together. Zoe's mom, in turn, had also said that her mother looked like her, so there was a triple sense of lookalikes when comparing grandmother to mother to daughter.

Zoe's dad looked about as different from her mom as possible: brown hair, tall, green eyes. Yet, Zoe seemed to have all the traits from her mom in the looks department: being short, having long blonde hair, and having blue eyes. Zoe always chalked it up as her mom's side of the family having stronger genes, having since accepted that she really was indistinguishable from her mom sometimes.


Today, we follow Zoe as she stands outside the tall dark gates of her grandmother's mansion, a far cry from their suburban home.

You see, Zoe's grandmother was a bit of an odd woman. She was outgoing and friendly when need be, but would keep to herself when given to choice and had this weird secretive air about her.

Zoe's grandmother had lived till the ripe old age of 87, having just passed away in her sleep a week ago. "At least she went peacefully and lived a long life.", Zoe's dad assured her crying mother with his hands around her shoulders as they watched the casket being somberly lowered into the ground after the funeral.

The matters of the estate had to be settled afterwards, and it was written in the will that Zoe's mother and her family would inherit the mansion along with it's contents. Zoe's parents had discussed if they wanted to move out of their quiet suburban home into a fancy mansion or if they could find another use for it. It was decided that they would think more about it after it was fully handed over and the financial matters settled.

Thus, Zoe's parents were away at the bank today to sign the legal documents and see the process through, leaving Zoe to look through the mansion and see what they could salvage and what could be given away.

What does Zoe find in the mansion?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)