More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Dark_Ness Dark_Ness

What brings you to Pleasant Lane?

A man and his troublemaker son

"We're moving in today," you say. You are Ronald Williams, a fairly successful businessman. You married your college sweetheart and had a son, Luke. Unfortunately, your wife died when your son was 7, and you weren't quite equipped to take care of him alone. You also never quite managed to find anyone else to be with. Instead, you threw yourself into your work, making sure that at the very least the two of you always had money.

Unfortunately, that led to Luke becoming something of a delinquent. He started getting into and drinking around 15, skipping school and getting into trouble with the cops. It took you until this year, after he had graduated high school and turned 18, for you to finally get fed up and move him across the country. Your research had led you to Pleasant Lane, which seemed almost ideal.

You had to cling to hope that it could solve all of your problems.

"You must be Mr. Williams and Luke, then," the security guard says. "Very excited to have you with us."

"Shut the fuck up," Luke said. You turn to look at him, taking in his look. He's wearing sunglasses, a tattered old hoodie, ripped jeans, and heavy black boots. He had his medium length brown hair slicked back and full of product to keep it in place.

"Luke, watch your mouth," you say.

"You too. Dragging me across the fucking country to the middle of nowhere instead of letting me go to college or something."

"You didn't have the grades to get into any college," you say, almost sighing the words.

"You have enough cash that that doesn't mean shit, so stop saying it."

You lower your head, then look to the security guard. He's staring at the two of you with interest. "Sorry about that," you say.

"No problem sir. It's always good to get a feel for our new residents. I expect you'll be getting a rep from the Neighborhood Association coming by to greet the two of you soon."

You raise your eyebrows, then nod. "Well that's nice. Good to know. Thanks."

The guard then gives you directions to your new home, and you drive on in silence. You pull up to the house about ten minutes later, all of your things already moved in by the company you had hired. Luke wastes no time in getting out of the car and walking down the sidewalk.

"Where are you going?" you ask.

"Checking out the new turf," he said. "I'll be back later."

You sigh and watch him walk away, then turn to go into the house.

Who to follow?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)