More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by The Other Guy The Other Guy

What's next?

A look around

You kiss her once more then move to get up. She groans but doesn’t stop you as you stand. Your room is one reserved for the highest members of the Lux house. Lavish in both size and furnishings, the bed is large enough for four people, soft enough that it feels like floating and best of all self-cleaning.

You sit up from the bed and walk to the viewing screen after tapping it you are rewarded with a view of the city. From your room you can see the other four towers that make up the core of the flower. The central now showing the Felstat emblem on its sides, the others showing their own. All smooth lines and beautiful colours. The image of a flower floating on the surface is more than propaganda it’s the prefect analogy, the parks scattered on all levels, each glowing in the sun a vibrant rainbow of colours. From your room near the top of the Lux tower you can see the lily pads that house giant greenhouses that feed the whole city, factories that keep it running. A wonderous scene to make even the drabbest of people into poets.

In your twenty-one years of extremely successful life the feelings of looking out over the city never grow old.

“Looking at your kingdom?” You smile and turn. The red head was sitting naked on your bed, her full c-cup chest gently rising and falling with her breath, a light dusting of freckles many would have removed only add to her beauty in your opinion.

“You do look beautiful.”

“Cheeky.” She grins back and runs her hands over her body. “Do you really think you could be the king of this majestic land?” She spreads her legs were the evidence of your recent claim of that land is visible.

You walk over to her looking forward to seeing if you could do just that when your hand terminal buzzes. You would love to ignore it, but your position isn’t stable enough to risk it being important.

“Phooey.” She sulks only for her own terminal to start buzzing.

You both take up your terminals and look at the messages. You feel your back straighten as you see who sent the massage. Your father and leader of house Lux; Alister.

Lucis come to my room.” You look at the face of the man who sent it. So like your own but so much more in control, more authoritative.

“Sorry my majestic kingdom I have to go.” You tease her as you reach over and kiss her cheek.

You dress yourself in the finest things you have at hand, a dress shirt in the house colours, black with a red trim and dress pants to match. If you had more time you would have liked more but best not to keep the old man waiting.

You leave your bedroom and enter the lounge room, you see the cloths strewn all over and your mind drifts to the reason only half of them are yours. You resist looking back and push forward.

You leave your room behind and enter the rest of the floor. An antechamber for those wishing to see you to wait in. Decorated with the house colours and lavish paintings and tapestries. One side a giant window for them to look out and see how high up they are, how much power you have. The other wall lined with chairs and plants all styled as modernly as you can, reminding partitioner of how young you are to have risen to high so fast. You walk to the wide elevator doors which open at your presence and step onto the circular platform.

The trip to the upper floors is nerve wracking. You doubt you will lose status in the family given your success. Your hand finds its way into your pocket and thumb the thing that lead you so far so fast. However, that doesn’t mean it won’t happen. You’ve had very few meetings with your father, and it is likely always going to nerve wracking.

When the door opens to your fathers’ floor you take a deep breath and step forward.

You father’s antechamber is head and shoulders above yours. His self-portrait hangs above the entry door and you find it had to look upon a face with that much gravitas. Unsure if you should just enter or wait.

Do you enter now or wait?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)