More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by not me not me

Who finds the notebook in their closet?

A graduate entering the workforce

You are Nick Hapmann, a young graduate software developer who is about to start his first day of work. It was not easy to find a job in the job market but you managed to secure a position in a different city. The job required you to start in a week, giving you barely enough time to find a new place to live and move in. Luckily, you found a furnished apartment close to the city centre. Rent is not cheap but you can afford it with you salary and you are only staying there temporarily because of the rush. Once everything settles down, you are planning to move out to a cheaper place.

On Monday, you wake up early, feeling nervous and excited. You cleanly shave yourself and put on a new format dress shirt, making you look more professional. The company does not have a dress code for software developers but you want to give a good impression on your first day. As you take out your pants from your closet, you notice an inconspicuous notebook lying in the corner.

"Hmm, the previous owner probably forgot it. I am sure he wouldn't mind if I take it for myself. Saves me the trouble of stopping at a store." You pick up the notebook and after briefly checking that there are unwritten pages, you put it in your bag. Having something to take notes was another bonus point for your first impression. With everything packed, you head for work.

...

You arrive at the office quite early and the receptionist tells you to wait in the lobby. Without someone from the HR department giving the green light. It is still 8:40, you have 20 minutes to kill. As time goes by, people walk in, greeting the receptionist and completely ignoring you. It does not take long before you get bored.

You have to resist the urge of taking out your phone as company policy dictates that the use of private phones in the workplace is strictly forbidden. Employees would be given a work phone that they can use instead. After looking around for 5 minutes, you check the contents of your bag again. You take out the notebook to take a closer look.

The notebook looks rather ordinary and new, aside from the inside part of the cover, the notebook is completely empty. However, the words on the cover are quite intriguing.

[Everything written in this notebook will be considered as normal by all living things.]

"Hmmp, since this looks hand written, this is probably something written by someone with a weird fetish, " You say to yourself. "However, it would be nice if this is true." You laugh at the ridiculous idea but nevertheless take a pen out of your bag and write down a single line.

[At this company, new employees are normally given 3 months of their salary in cash as a joining bonus on their first day]

As you finish noting it down, you notice a shadow moving toward you in the corner of your eyes. A formally dressed woman smiles at you. "Hi, Mr. Hapmann? My name is Emily from HR, we briefly spoke over the phone when you had your interview. Can you follow me please?"

"Oh. Good morning. Yes." You mumbled a few words as you hurriedly put back the notebook in your bag and follow after her.

You quietly listen to her sweet voice as she starts explaining a few things to you. You find it hard to focus as your eyes keep checking her out, especially her black thights highlighting her long legs. You are a sucker for these.

You go through the company's onboarding process: submitting a copy of your documents, signing NDAs, your contract, taking a picture for your employee card and so on.

After about 30 minutes, the process finally comes to an end. "Do you have any questions before I bring you to meet your manager and colleagues?" Emily asks with a polite smile.

"Not for now, no."

"Excellent! Then, I have one last thing to give you." She slides an brown enveloppe and invites you to open it.

To your surprise, the enveloppe is full of cash.

"This is your signing bonus. I hope this is a pleasant surprise. We are the only company who provides such benefit and you can get even more bonuses as long as you work hard."

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)