More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by bbcummings bbcummings

Who pockets the seeds?

A couple girls working a summer job

“Hey Marcy, what’s this?” Becca asked, lifting a heavy wooden trunk up for her boss to see.

Marcy was a plump woman with long black hair in her early thirties. Despite being on the heavier side, she had a pretty, friendly face and had to be one of the nicest people Becca ever met.

“That’s new!” She said. “I’ve never seen that before and I’ve worked here for five years.”

“Sounds mysterious. Wanna help me open it?”

“Well It is close to lunch time, sure!”

Becca swept back her short, spiky blonde hair and lifted the trunk up, carrying it over to an uncovered table in the greenhouse. Despite being bulky, it was quite light. Still, Becca could feel something rolling around inside.

“Any guesses?” Becca asked Marcy.

“Hmm,” Marcy bit her lip and played with her glasses. “Maybe some gold coins? What did they use to call them? Doubloons?”

Becca giggled and slapped Marcy on the back.

“You’re such a nerd! My guess is probably some old newspapers or gardening tools.”

“For a high schooler, you aren’t very imaginative.”

“Hey! I’m graduated and a full-blown adult. My imagination duties are all done!”

“That’s so sad,” Marcy said.

“For you maybe.”

Becca flipped the latch and tried to lift the lid up. At first, if caught after about an inch and looked like it would lift further. Marcy came to the rescue then, jamming her fingers into the crack and yanking the box open the rest of the way.

“Jesus, you’re strong.”

Marcy shrugged. She wasn’t good at taking compliments.

Peering inside the box, both women saw that the only item within was an ornate black pouch inlaid with some kind of red metal. Becca reached in first and pulled the pouch out, giving it a shake as she did so.

“I think these are seeds!” She said.

“All that packaging for a pouch of seeds? I don’t get it. This is a nursery, we have seeds everywhere!”

Suddenly, both women were interrupted by a sharp voice at the other end of the greenhouse.

Who is yelling at them?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)