More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by The Dark Traveler The Dark Traveler

What is your story

A Time Before Hiding

A purple scaled half-dragon boy sat on his bed in the royal palace. His human mother sat next to him. “Mummy” The young prince spoke. “Why can’t I go outside and pay with the other children?” He asked. He was only 3 years old and had not left his room for the entirety of his life. Computers, The Internet, video games and toys kept him entertained and he had an on-suite bathroom . Food was brought to him by his mother or farther. These were the only people he had ever interacted with. His mother had long brow hair and green eyes, with pale skin. His farter looked human when he entered the boy’s room but revealed his true form and a large purple dragon to his son once the doors were closed and the curtains drawn. He had is farter’s purple scales and his mother’s green eyes. He also was the shape of a human boy just with a tail, wings and horns. He had his mother’s round flat face. His farther in contrast had a long-pointed snout with red eyes and yellow horns.

“Because you can’t hide yourself yet, George .” His mother replied as she stroked his hairless head. “Once you learn to hide your true from like your farther does then you can go outside and play. You will be able to make lots of new friends and have so much fun. However, you will also have to start learning about the world. How to read and wright and eventually how to run the kingdom once it is time. Of course, nowadays the government runs most things and your farther is ok with that. But as Prince and one day King you will get to decide how to do things. But you must learn how to hide before any of that, my darling boy.”

“But why do I have to hide? If I am to be king can’t I say it is ok to look like I do?” George asked.

“I wish that were true and there was a time before hiding where dragons and unicorns and merfolk and all manner of monsters could live their lives as they liked. That was a long, long time ago and a story for another time. Humans, like me, like to be ruled by humans and like to pretend they are the only intonement being on the planet. I excepted your farther for who he is but people as a whole would not. Even though they have been ruled by dragons and half dragons for over 1000 years they would not except it.” George’s mother explained.

“What happened 1000 years ago?” the inquisitive prince asked.

“Well that’s a story no suited for little ears. It involves your great grandfather King Henry who was the first dragon king and was known as King Henry the 1 st ; Henry 4 th and Henry 6 th . He let his children and grandchildren fill in the gaps to disguise the fact that as a dragon he has a longer lifespan. Your farther has also been multiple kings. ” His mother explained.

“Please mummy please.” Prince George begged.

“OK but I will have to miss some bits out.” His mum relented. (But I will tell the whole thing) “ It all started over 1000 years ago…”

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)