More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by adam17017 adam17017

Who would you like to play as? An established character, or someone new?

A Nilfgaardian General in Novigrad

Baron Alec Var Eichel made his way hooded and cloaked through the dark narrow streets of Novigrad. He was being escorted by two men described to him as witch hunters, a military arm of the Church of the Eternal Fire. Alec was being escorted to the headquarters of the Witch Hunters, who ruled the city under authority of the church. Alec had been sent by the Emperor himself, to conclude final negotiations between the Empire and the Church for the transfer of power to the Empire. Alec had been assured by the Emperor that he would be the governor and sole ruler of the city, only answering to the Emperor himself. "We're almost here sir, you can remove your hood now, there is no one to spy on the church." Alec nodded at the soldier and removed his hood to reveal a handsome face with long black hair let loose along the back of his neck. Alec had startling blue eyes, and a hawkish nose that most Nilfgaardians born in the homeland had, he was a fairly young man who had seen thirty winters to date.

Alec had been fighting and directing troops on the front line for the duration of the war up until this point when he was pulled aside and directed to a meeting with the Emperor who gave him his task. Alec had to admit, that he had ulterior motives for accepting the placement as governor of the strategically important city besides the power it would bestow upon him. He had been searching for Triss Merigold for a while now, ever since a misunderstanding after a night of love making him to make a strategical retreat from the fiery redhead, when he returned to the room they had shared she was gone along with all of her stuff. He had heard some rumors about her being in Novigrad, and when the opportunity came for him to make the trip, he took it.

Alec was directed to a gate that was opened once one of the guards on either side of him had given a signal. Alec entered into a courtyard of a fortified barracks, which housed the ranks of the witch hunters. "The captain is coming, he will come to personally greet you." One of the guards said as they went on with their business. Alec noticed a figure coming down the stairs from an upper level, and thought it may be the captain of which the guards had talked about, but due to the fact that no one had stood at attention or saluted him as he walked by as they would've back in Nilfgaard, Alec dismissed the thought. Alec looked around and saw a good many church soldiers training amongst themselves and against dummies, he counted their many errors in footwork and with the blade, and came to the conclusion that the city would hardly stand a chance against a real siege. He was interrupted from further observations by the man he had observed coming down the stairs. The man stood in front of him and held out his hand in a form of greeting that Northmen like to use, Alec reached out his hand and shook the other mans.

"Good to meet you Alec I presume?" The man spoke

"That is correct, I also presume then that you are Mangay?" Alec said in a slight Nilfgaardian accent.

"Also correct although it is pronounced Menge. But no matter, come we have much to discuss if we are to gift this city to his Imperial Majesty!" He chuckled as he led Alec up the stairs he had come down.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)