More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by LizardGod LizardGod

What's the story you want to read?

A Gift From God

Rain rattled against the windows as Chi took her bedtime prayers.

Kneeling beside her bed, hands clasped and head bowed, she was the perfect image of a Nun. She had joined the church nearly a decade ago, they had asked no questions of why a young woman would come from across the country to join them as a Nun. They had taken her in and made them one of their own, her past left behind her.

Her prayers done she quickly moved into the bathroom, catching herself in the mirror as she did. Even in the figure destroying night clothes that they all wore it was impossible not to notice her ample bosoms and wide hips. Her mother had thought it the greatest compliment in the world to tell her that she had a body made for child rearing. The remark had always creeped her out more than anything else.

She pushed the thoughts of her past out of her mind as she dealt with her business and finally climbed into bed. The wind hammered the rain against the window with renewed vigour as she flicked off her bedside lamp.

The Nunnery in Black Hollow was a far cry from the cold stone and gothic spires that you would imagine. The church had spent a pretty penny when they built the place, it had been built on top of the remains of one of the oldest churches in the city. They had even managed to save some of the original stone work. There had been whispers that the pieces of the remains that had actually shed some light on the kind of worship that went on in the church had been โ€œlostโ€ during the build but then you never can trust the rumour mill.The building was a sleek triumph of modern design and classical style all rolled into one.

The Nuns as well are a far cry from the sour faced old women that you might picture. Chi had been afforded a room to here by virtue of being one of the oldest Nuns in residence. Most of the women were hardly into their twenties, the church was a place where young women who had fallen on hard times could find a home. Many with much darker pasts than Chi had found themselves reborn in the embrace of the Lord.

Chi was proud of what they had built here, even if she sometimes felt pangs of regret for what brought her here. As she began to slip off to sleep she reassured herself that she had made the right choice.

She was the wife of Our Lord and Saviour after all.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)