More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by PiZzA101 PiZzA101

What happens now?

A Game Of Cards

An awkward silence befell the group as the house turned to darkness. Joanne stepped into action, quickly turning her phone light on so that she could have some visibility. A few others at the party followed suit, creating a dim illumination in the wide living area.

"Welp, guess the power's out." Joanne's dad stated bluntly. Aunt Tiffany took a long drink of her beer, before nodding in agreement. "Can someone check the weather? It's about time for us to get home anyway."

A few people began to flip to their weather, and news apps, before Joanne's nephew began to stare wide-eyed. "The storm is going to go all night, and there's supposedly several dozen tornadoes touched down." She stated, horrified. There were a few murmurs among the small group, as they began to worry about driving home in such awful weather. Joanne pondered for a moment, and took a deep breath to calm herself. "I can't let anyone go home in this weather. I'd never forgive myself if someone got in a crash" Joanne thought to herself.

"Everyone, it should be fine. Tomorrow is a Saturday anyways, so why not stay the night? There's..." Joanne began, counting off the attendees and trying to remember what accommodations she had to offer. "...16 people, we have 2 queen sized beds, 2 queen sized air mattresses, the foldout, a bunk bed, two sleeping bags, and two air twin mattresses..."

After running it through her head multiple times, Joanne clapped her hands together contentedly. "There's just enough beds for everyone!”

A few murmurs went around the room, as everyone came to terms with the fact that as annoying as it was, going home in the current weather wasn’t the best option. Most of the partygoers were , but accepted Joanne’s offer. Given the night left everyone locked in anyways, Joanne decided it would be appropriate to bring out on of her favorite pastimes: poker.

Shortly after everyone confirmed that they didn’t plan to leave yet, Joanne set to work readying all the beds in the house and setting up the table for a night of fierce gameplay with cards.

Is Joanne going to do well?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)