More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by SchlockTheMonkey SchlockTheMonkey

Who's asking for help?

A Federation research station.

zzzt "leaze help... We" zzzt "stuck" zzt "Mendel for" zzzt "Get" zzzzzt "of here--"

Lt. Uhura looks up. "Sorry sir, that's all we got." A frown of concentration on her face, she plays her fingers over the communications console. "Wait... I think I might be able to pull the automated call sign out of the signal." Her frown fades and a look of satisfaction lights up her face. "Got it! It's Mendel Station."

"Spock?" you ask.

The science officer bends over his computer, calling up data. "Mendel Station is an orbital space station originally constructed to oversee the terraforming of Moav 6. When the Moav Project was delayed a research group under Doctor David Vetter took over the facility. They've been there just over two years."

"What does Vetter's group research?" you ask.

"Records simply list them as a think tank," Spock replies. I am not personally familiar with Doctor Vetter -- he has published no papers of note." Spock fiddles with the controls and pulls up a biographical sketch along with a photograph of a portly man with a reddish brown beard. "Doctorate in Chemistry from University of the Andes... several teaching positions at undistinguished universities..." Spock looks puzzled. "I am at a loss to explain how such a man could lead a research group, let alone be given exclusive access to a facility like Mendel Station."

"I wouldn't dream of denying your curiosity, Mr. Spock," you say. "Mr. Chekhov, lay in a course. Mr. Sulu, Warp 6."

Soon the Enterprise reaches Moav 6, and Mr. Sulu slides the ship into a synchronous orbit with the research station.

"Uhura, can you reestablish communications?"

She shakes her head. "No signal from the station."

"Spock, life signs?"

"Yes sir. Detecting eight signatures... seven human, one Andorian. No signs of excessive radiation or damage to the station. Curious."

There's only one thing for it, then. Assembling your landing party, you beam over to the research station.

Who (not counting redshirts) do you take on the landing party?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)