More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Unquietmist Unquietmist

Some Time Later....

A Day At The Office.

"Now, are there any questions?"

Roland looked up as Hubert began to reorganize the stacks of legal documents that littered his desk, "Yes, I was wondering when the funeral will be held-"

"As stated in the will, your grandfather wished for a cremation. He was very poignant about it. Something about not being food for worms." He sighed as he pulled out a pen and slid it to Roland's side of the table, "There are other instructions, or well, wishes that your grandfather has asked for. Instructions of which Lewis will fill you in later today. Now, if you would sign here please?"

He taps at the signature line of the will before stating, "By signing this, you will follow your grandfather's wishes to the letter. In doing so, when you obtain a bachelor's in your field of study, the ownership of 'Hart's Endeavor', his personal belongings, and the large sum of royalties associated with it will be given to next of kin, Which is you. Failure to do so, and the fate of your inheritance will fall on his business partner Lewis. Which quite frankly, isn't much to worry about." Hubert tried to give a reassuring smile, but Roland's somber aura seemed to mute that effect. His smile dwindled as he gestured at the pen, "Just...sign please."

After a minute of silence, Roland signed the will. And slid it back to the Lawyer. Hubert nods as he slides it into a folder, "The firm discourages any form of relationships between clients, but I want you to know, I'm sorry for your loss. He was a good friend."

Roland frown wavered as he stood up. "I know he was Hubert...Thank you for everything."

"Of course." A knock on the door prompted him to straighten up, "Must be my Twelve O'Clock. Remember, if you need anything, just call." He places the folder into the cabinet as Roland walks out to the Lobby. The waiting room was mostly empty. A fact that he regrets as he hears an audible POP! In the far corner of the hall.

Her dyed black hair and violet highlights hung loosely across her pale skin. her mascara accenting her need for vitamin D. She blew another bubble as she looked at him with mild annoyance, "Finally. About time you came out. I'm sure you took your sweet time having Hubert kiss your ass." A sneer thinned her lips as she popped her gum. "You two will be the best of friends! Buying mansions, expensive cars, paying hookers to pretend you can get them-"

"Luna, do you have anything better to do then to be a total bitch?" Roland flatly stated as he looked around. Doing his best to ignore her smoldering eyes, "Where's Lewis?"

Luna gritted her teeth as she tried to retain her sneer, "He's here. When it comes to you, he tends to bend over backwards to suit your demands." She popped her velvet gum as a look of disdain crossed her expression. "You and your grandfather."

Roland narrowed his eyes and he crossed his arms at his God-Sister, "Grandpa and Lewis were practically father and son Luna. Who if you haven't noticed, died recently. I'm really trying to see your fucked up logic in the difference of friendship and loyalty."

"Some family he is if he doesn't give the shop to him!" She spat out her gum, her sneer finally melted to show fury. "They knew each other for what? Thirty? Forty years?! And he left us nothing!"

"Us?" He sighed to suppress a chuckle, "Wow. Should've figured that this will somehow affect you. What? Lost all of that hard-earned money that you got sucking off-"

She stomped toward him. The heels of her macabre boots seem to leave a permanent incision on the tile as her march ended with her towering over him. Roland fought back a gulp as he looked up. Though he'd never admit it. She truly sold that "Gothic Beauty" look. It's hard to remember that she was shorter than him about a year ago, now she was almost Amazonian with her generous breasts and an hourglass figure. She claims she had one of those fabled late growth spurts you hear about on T.V. The ones that come with “extra benefits".

"My eyes are up here perv!" She said as a sharp pain erupted in his left ear he felt his head jerked upwards to meet her ice-blue eyes, "Unlike you, I worked hard for what I got! Everything you have has been handed down to you!" She roared as her grip grew tighter on his ear, "If you call me anything close to a slut again, I'll relieve you of your family jewels!" She leaned in close enough for him to sniff her stale bubble gum breath, "Got it?"

Roland gave a mute nod, seeing no point in struggling in her grip. Seemingly satisfied, she let go and returned to her seat. A triumphant grin on her face as footsteps could be heard from the eastern hallway.

Lewis walked around the corner holding what was no doubt an urn. There was a somber feel to his step as he neared both of them. Lewis was always "healthy". Hell, as long as Roland could remember, Lewis seemed to stay in peak shape. He wasn't an Arnold Schwarzenegger on steroids, but you could argue he had the tone for it. In hindsight, he probably should have seen Luna's recent "developments" coming a mile away.

"Alright you two, let's go.” He said as he motions to the door, "I have to go get the rest of Evan's things at the bookstore. So get moving."

Luna nodded as she exited the building. Roland waited till she was out of sight before following suit, till a strong hand stopped him in his tracks. He looked up at Lewis. His tinted reading glasses did well to hide his expression. But they couldn't mask the seriousness his look gave, "...There's something I have to show you when we get there.” He said as the grip on his shoulder softened, "Your grandfather didn't want to show you, but he also doesn't want to have it all dropped in your lap."

Roland cocked an eyebrow at him as he gave a reassuring grin, "What? Business dealings? How to keep the contractors at bay? Relax Lewis, I'm taking economics as a course. So no need to-"

The grip tightened on Roland's shoulder as Lewis spoke in a hushed tone, "I'm not talking about numbers Roland, or business practices! This is serious! Something personal!"

Roland’s smile abandoned him as he winced at the pressure, he gave Lewis's arm a submission tap, "Okay! Okay! Jesus!" Roland stumbled back as he rubbed his shoulder, "If... If it means that much to you then alright" He looked at Lewis and gave a puzzled look, "But what is it you have to show-"

BEEP! BEEEEEP!

The car horn filled the air as we both looked to see a frazzled Luna hand on the wheel. The window rolled down as she stuck her head out, "You two can have your surrogate Father/Son bullshit later! Now hurry the hell up! It's ninety-six degrees out!"

Well, Whose's Up For A Car Ride?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)