More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by fifal fifal

Where to Start?

[Spoilers] Worldbuilding / Character Info

Worldbuilding

The Spinning Lands

The Spinning Lands are the location of this story, a magical location tucked far away within the Plane of Air. To it's residents, the Spinning Lands represent the entirety of the habitable world. It is surrounded on all sides by the Outer Winds, which extend infinitely in all directions. There are some small pockets of safety separated from the main population center, and they are all centrally connected via Bridges of Grace.

Wildwinds

Massively powerful winds that swirl endlessly in all directions, leaving only a few small pockets of stillness, where civilization can develop. Home to Spinning Beasts.

Spinning Beasts

Creates native to the Wildwinds are called Spinning Beasts and come in many different sizes and shapes. There are two commonalities that all Spinning Beasts share, they feed off of the Ri spinning through the Wildwinds allowing the winds to pass through them as they filter the Ri, and they are extraordinary dangerous. Hunting these beasts is a hobby for the strongest Ri wielders even with it's high mortality rates.

The Academy

Maia begins this story on her graduation day from the academy, the entire goal of which is to prepare students with the basic techniques of spinning, making them perfect candidates for the Schools.

Schools

Centered around different applications of Spinning Ri. Each school wields vast military and political power, generally being dominated by the Nova, MV, and Dyn Schools. Each School has a Guildmaster as well as a Main Guildhall, which serves as a central point for Maia's journey.

MV School

Specialize in Ri techniques that affect perception, such as illusions and emotional manipulation. The MV School motto is "Seek Further Truth".

Nova School

Specialize on raw strength and elemental techniques. Considered barbaric by man as most Nova techniques result in explosions of some variety.

Characters

Maia Eidola

The main character of this story. The story starts with her picking a School. Her name, build, ideology, skills, talents, and appearance are customizable.

Nova School

Master Dujani

Dujani would be considered an oddity almost anywhere. She has a youthful appearance despite her unknown yet certainly ancient age, yet had the unique wisdom and temperament of someone who has seen and done nearly everything there is to see and do; a sort of absentminded enlightenment. She has the physical build of a great warrior, but claims to have never thrown a punch in her life. Her smooth features and soft eyes lure one into a sense of security and vulnerability, while her threatening speeches bring everyone inline.

Ayin

The Nova-Ri Ayin, also known as Meteor, was the unlucky one of becoming the mentor of the newcomers Maia, Lavil, and Ayl. Ayin can be a bit cold at first, but she eventually warms up to anyone who she spends enough time around. Often refers to Maia as "girl". Ayin is usually decked out in thick leather and cloth armor and wears a long, thin blade along her back in most cases.

Lavil

Lavil is a peer of Maia and Ayl, under the training of Ayin. He is handsome, muscular, confident, and short-fused. He comes from an impeccable bloodline, with many members of his family holding high positions in the School and the Spinning Lands as a whole. Lavil may be a spoiled stick of dynamite, but no one could question his talent. His drive to be the best is and the easiest way to push his buttons.

Ayl-Sen-Lai

Ayl is a fellow student alongside Maia and Lavil, training under Ayin. Although she has impressive mastery of the basic Nova techniques, she prefers to use an uncommon sub-form of Nova rather than the traditional, powerful, techniques. She is a beautiful and unique girl, somehow both frail and immensely powerful, although no one is quite sure how strong Ayl really is. She speaks in a strange accent stemming from a distant part of the Spinning Lands, across one of the Bridges of Grace. Her words are soft and sweet, and she often drifts off into her own thoughts while talking to people.

MV School

Master Marikis

Stressed and in charge Marikis is unquestionably the most important person in the MV School. She wears a white mask with red markings and speaks in a slow deliberate manor, never imparting a bit of emotion either positive or negative. Marikis has an odd demeanor and seems nearly inhuman at times.

Riiyah

Mentor assigned to Maia directly by the Master. Avoids sharing any information about herself, but is always asking prying questions. Intelligent, strong, and lightning fast, Riiyah is looked up to by nearly everyone in the MV School. Is taking on a few new recruits as a punishment imposed by Master Marikis.

Strill

A man of few, usually depressing, words, Strill is a peer of Maia and Dioh, under the training of Riiyah. A bit awkward and gloomy, but mostly friendly towards Maia. Seems to have some sort of aversion to Dioh and will avoid her if possible. Tall and lanky with shaggy dark hair that hangs over his eyes. Talented, but always very critical of his own skills. Overall just kind of a bummer of a person.

Dioh

Student under Riiyah alongside Maia and Strill. Immensely talented with a ferocious work ethic, there is very little in this world that Dioh does not excel at. Her competitive drive compels her to be the strongest, fastest, and most powerful in everything she puts her mind too. A good friend despite having a very different life mentality. Dioh is tall and muscular, giving her statuesque body a majestic mix of curves and tone.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)