More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Nemo of Utopia Nemo of Utopia

Which Character's Story Do You Wish To Read?

[Nemo of Utopia: ALSO current!] "Kurvannug": Female Orcish Cleric of "Lovitar: Mistress of Pain"

Kurvanug surveyed the devastation bellow her with a mix of disgust, pain, terror, and rage.

The Village of Rugnash, where she had spent the vast majority of her 19 years, was a burnt out ruin, with massacred bodies strewn everywhere and it's stout wooden palisade blasted apart by the hell magics of a band of 'Adventurers'.

With her were four other survivors, spared only because they had been out hunting at the time of the attack...


We will speak of Kurvannug last, now we turn to her 'Husband' and 'Slaves'.

First was Pimlul, a cunning and shrewd female Goblin that did the cooking and sewing for their hunting band. She was also Kurvannug's outlet for her lesbian tendencies, the two engaging in oral, digital, and other lesbian sex acts with one another whenever the mood struck them and situations permitted. Pimlul was also born a sorceress, though her gifts tended to non-combat powers. Her great-great-grandmother, a hobgoblin chief's daughter, had been taken as a by a young adult black dragon 60 years ago and every woman down her maternal line since had demonstrated sorceress' powers, though the blood weakened with each generation. However in Pimlul's case it had been reinforced because not only was her mother the ninth of her mother's twelve daughters, her father was the Ninth-Son of his father's fifteen, and as such destined to become a wizard. Therefore, being the daughter of two arcanists, Pimlul's sorcerous gift was also 'arcane' in nature. Among other things this resulted in her adopting/being-adopted-by a Raven named Gatnak when she was 2 years old, who gained the ability to speak and longevity from serving as her familiar.

Next of our band was Gomlech, Kurvannug's 'Husband' and second in comand...

Gomlech and Kurvanug had been born less than a week apart, and their mothers were friends, so they were raised together from infancy. They became the best of friends, almost siblings really, and had each others back in all things. However, as Gomlech became a man fate was to play a cruel trick. Gomlech discovered that he was about 80% homosexual, and such was forbidden in orcish society. With so many men dying at the hands of 'Adventurers' orc tribes required all males to breed: otherwise they could not maintain their populations. Because Gomlech had not fathered any children in the two years since he became an adult he was going to be sold as a warrior- for the arenas and armies of 'Mazorbarzarine', the great city of the Drow beneath the Volrod Mountains in who's shadow the village had been built.

Kurvannug heard of this plan and to save her best freind they married, but it was not really a true marriage as we would think of it. They had sex once every three days hoping to get pregnant, but neither took any actual joy in it, it was a means to an end, nothing more. They had been babes in arms together, both their mothers had nursed each of them: then they had grown up together, emotionally closer to each other than they were to their own brothers and sisters. When they had sex they both felt like they were committing , and unlike some people this was far from arousing for them...

That's where Vol and Ful came into it. Vol and Ful were hobgoblin warriors, ornage of skin and blue of nose. They also were brothers, but not just common brothers, Identical Twins. They also were bi-sexual, and enjoyed their frequent duties 'servicing' both their Mistress and her 'Husband'. However, though they were largely the same in many ways, there remained marked differences between them.

Vol was a Singer of Songs and Teller of Tales. He commanded powers of illusion, could inspire his allies to feats of daring and heroism with his music, and was a deadly combatant with light blades such as Daggers and Short-Swords.

Ful by contrast was a master of the silent kill and scouting ahead unseen. He could score telling blows with his blades when one of his allies could distract the foe from his sudden strike at some small chink in their armor, and though you would not have expected it was actually the more skilled of the two in the delicate dance of diplomacy.

Both brothers were very knowledgeable men, but WHAT they knew differed. Vol had made a study of Arcane Theory, History/Legends, Religions, other planes of existence, Dungeons, and orders of precedence for the surrounding tribes. Ful however knew much of Architecture, Engineering, Wilderness Lore, and the ebb and flow of social groups: who could be trusted, where one might look for thieves, and what signs betrayed if a priest was venial or saintly.

They both wore leather armor and fought with a Main-Gauche and Short-Sword, or longbows to engage at range, thought as slaves their weapons were of course made from wood and stone, not metal.

Now at last we come to Kurvannug, the true leader of the group.

Born 19 years earlier, Kurvannug was a fetching orc lass with full hips, decent breasts, small tusks, and a very human like nose. Her eyes were large and the dark green that is typical of orcs, while her greenish black hair fell in long tumbling waves down to her well toned ass.

As a priestess of Lovitar she was expert at the games of domination and '' that her 'slaves' craved, able to inflict ecstatic agony with the kiss of a riding crop without leaving the slightest mark. Other than Gomlech all the members of their party were what Kurvannug thought of as "True Slaves", those who accepted and even relished their slavery. Rare indeed were those who wanted to be slaves, but Kurvannug had been guided to three of them that suited her needs well by Lovitar: in fact Pimlul had sold herself to Kurvannug when she saw how happy Vol and Ful were under their Mistress care. All three enjoyed pain as part of their lovemaking, and felt better for having someone else making most of the day-to-day decisions for them: while they also suited Kurvannug and Gomlech's needs sexualy.

Kurvanug was at heart a good person, she helped those around her as best she knew how and tried to improve the lives of her fellow sapients. Some called her 'weak' for it, but she knew that thiers was the true weakness, for when times were lean others would give of their meager stores that she remain healthy and able to help them in return, while those who had thought themselves 'strong' were given nothing but directions to a bear den and told to come back with meat or not come back at all...


All that out of the way it is time to talk more of the village and the starting situation.

The Village of Rugnash had been a hunter/gatherer society starting to settle down into farming. Already they were keeping pigs for recycling waste food and propagating edible and medicinal plants, but had not yet started the process of tilling the soil and sowing seeds in the plowed earth.

In terms of Armor and Weapons their technology was still stone age as well: they didn't yet work metal, still seeing it as a kind of magic, and a dark one at that. Those who had metal armor or weapons were both respected and feared: respected because the only way to get it was be a skilled and shrewd trader or to kill an adventurer and take it from them, both worthy of respect: feared because metal tools, especially armor and weapons, were thought to have some sort of subtle but profound corrupting effect on those who used them.
(All adventurers were murderous, psychopathic, slaughtering, savages... All adventurers used metal tools... It wasn't much of a stretch to connect these two facts and realize that Adventurers had somehow been corrupted by the power of the metal gear they carried.)

The village had nestled at the center of a wide valley cut by a meandering stream. The valley was rife with edible plants and game, and the village surrounded by a stout palisade of pine and birch logs. about a hundred and fifty people, divided among twenty seven 'households' had lived there. They had possessed an inn, though it wasn't much by human standards.

Now only charred and blacked stones, a few broken beams, rotting corpses being fought over by carrion birds, and the shattered remnants of their southern palisade remained...


Now it is time to vote: here are the four most obvious options for what happens next...

A: He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword! AKA: Dig Ten Graves.

The group embarks on a path of vengeance. The tracks of the murders are plain as day to follow, they killed her family and friends and Kurvannug will kill them in return.

B: Turn and flee!

There's nothing for them here now, all they have left is each other, and if they don't run they probably won't have that for very long...

C: Check for survivors!

There is a chance, remote but still possible, that some of their friends and family are still alive down there, or escaped in the confusion! It's their duty to save them if they can...

D: 'D' is for Demon...

Kurvannug can summon a demon to scout for survivors and salvage what it can from the ruins, but who knows what price it will demand...

Vote By Commenting, The Top Result When I Have At Least Three* Will Proceed!

*(If If More Than A Week Should Pass Without 3 Votes/Suggestions I Will Go With Whatever We Have. In The Event Of Ties, I Pick Whichever Inspires Me...)

Onwards!

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)