More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Ashlight Ashlight

Where to go

(Author's Notes - Feedback - Other Shenanigans - Revival Edition)

Hey all!

Ashlight here. I'm going to be using this section for a variety of things, including (hopefully) collecting feedback, tracking routes that are WIP, fixing bugs, and answering questions if any arise.

The first thing I wanted to mention was that based on what I can tell, most people tend to go all in on one route in particular, be it one faction, or just going out in a singular stat, whether that's domination or submission. That definitely makes sense, and it's probably what I would do as well. While I don't necessarily see the two directly contradicting, it makes sense that Alice would lean in one direction or the other. So, what I'm wondering is, how do you guys feel about crosspaths? Do you want certain events along the submissive chain to have domination options, and vice versa? Do you want there to be options that are locked behind having enough of both points? As of right now, I'm leaning towards yes, but if people aren't interested, then my time is better spent elsewhere.

The second matter is the topic of personalized experience. I'm relatively new to CHYOA's coding, so mistakes are a given, and I appreciate any bug reports that are sent to me, either via comments or a direct message. The chapter wrapping up all of the morning's activities took me quite a while, because I had to account for a lot of variables, so I was wondering how much that enhances the reader experience? From here on out, things will only continue to get more complex, and I'm worried that progress will be slow as I try and sort out this mess that I created for myself. For example, on day two, there will be an option to visit Blake again. Should I care about making three different variations, based on if: 1. you spoke to Blake and made a deal on day one. 2. you spoke to Blake and didn't make a deal on day one. 3. you didn't speak to Blake on day one at all. Stuff like that can get convoluted very quickly, and it's not even a keystone chapter. Of course, if people enjoy this level of personalization for choices, I will continue to do so to the best of my abilities.

Aside from that, I've got a general structure for what I want to do sorted, but any ideas, critiques, and comments in general are always accepted. Stuff like which routes you prefer the most, which routes you didn't enjoy, etc.

Thanks all for reading, I'll update this in the future if I have anything else to say!

Update December 15th, 2023: I'm alive, and will aim to have a steady update schedule. Going to consolidate the paths so that future writing and coding will be easier. Going to aim for a few options/decisions each game day, as well as some occasional big branches.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)